Taylor Hawkins Taylor Hawkins • 1972 - 2022 Visit Memorial

Welcome to the unofficial Foo Fighters Discussion Forums!

Join in discussions with other Foo fans around the world.
Please Sign In or Register to get involved.

New album in the works

Comments

• Any minute now, guys

• EmilyEmily 57 posts
    edited June 2020

I wonder if they'll release it July 4. Or certainly do something to commemorate

• Foo3001Foo3001 283 posts

The first teaser from January had it right..

"it’s going to be an INSANE year full of some seriously crazy shit..."

You can say that again

• SimonSimon 576 posts

Didn't Dave say he wasn't a fan of surprise releases? I think it's far too late for an announced release on July 4th now, not enough time for promo and everything else, two weeks away.

You never know though, 2020 is quite the roller-coaster.

• TimTim 194 posts

The first single was definitely supposed to be released on the 25th anniversary of This is a Call coming out with the record July 3rd.

I've heard absolutely nothing from Dave on how that changes things, but I'd kinda doubt the "Lemonade" move is gonna be done here when they had so much shit lined up to promote it and can't really do any of it for months. The most surprise thing they'll usually do is pop back up with a gig when nobody expected it or dropping a single like "Run" when most people didn't even realize they had a finished album.

I think the handful of fall dates they still have on the books are just wishful thinking and "haven't confirmed logistics of rescheduling again or scrapping completely and rebooking hopefully for 2021"

• Koala FooKoala Foo 1,314 posts

Definitely... along with my friend on NYE who said "oh I think this is going to be a good year" crazy shit right, good year nope...

It would be nice to hear some new music but really if we can't go to gigs and hear it live I'd rather wait and get the whole promo package, new interviews, appearances etc. If only everyone would do the right thing and help this thing get under control but at this rate it will rumble on for ages like the longest ever thunder storm ☹️

• I still think they will drop something July 3rd or 4th. Maybe not a new song, but I believe they will drop something.

• lilmanjslilmanjs 443 posts
    edited July 2020

There's a brand new video up here that has new material on it. Fits the teaser pics of recording in a house and is a song none of us have heard. This seems to be that Waiting on a War track mentioned as a possible track title months back. https://vimeo.com/roswellfilms

• BethMIBethMI 255 posts
    edited July 2020

An amazing find! I wonder how close the song will sound to the final version.

also “uploaded 3 months ago” was it private until now, or has it actually been there that long and we only noticed now?

• If they'd planned to release it around now, then this could potentially be a teaser they'd released on the sly. The listening parties happened in March so it's likely they were still anticipating a release date while the world was in the earlier stages of lockdown. That it was only found now suggests it wasn't planned for public release, at least not yet. It also sounds like a scratch track and not what we can expect to hear in the final version.

• O.B.geneO.B.gene 4,237 posts

I have a feeling this was not meant to be seen/heard just yet.

• BethMIBethMI 255 posts

@matineeidyll if it was actually live for three months, we are slacking as a fandom! I would agree it was likely a scheduled release that someone forgot to cancel, though. If that’s the case, the timeline is interesting, since I think in the alternate reality the album would be out now. (I want to go to there)

edited July 2020

I feel like this is part of the planned documentary that hasn't happened yet, or if ever will, that they just randomly stuck up there to see if anyone would notice.

i doubt Dave would want people to hear the vocal recording in this video, before the real recording is heard.

Then that begs the question as to who has access to that account aside from Dave.

could be anyone from the team, I'd imagine, accidentally unticking a box or something. A think a fair few people have access to the official social media/website platforms connected to the band

• BethMIBethMI 255 posts

Also I don’t know how to say this without sounding mean, but i like that the verse lyrics... follow logically from the chorus. A lot of the time (but not always, of course) Dave’s lyrics seem to be just words/phrases that sound nice together, but don’t mean much when you think about it.

• EmilyEmily 57 posts

wow I love the new teaser! just still heartbreaking that everything was put on hold so it is exciting to hear SOMETHING

• I'm not sure if I want to hear it just yet

• "Waiting On A War" will might drop soon after that leak , cause this clearly a leak, there is a strike

• I'd love to think this will light a fire under their arses, forcing them to release something and tide us over until they're ready, but i've also thought the anniversary itself would be the impetus to put something out and that wasn't enough.

• GeoGeo 3,408 posts

Any chance any one ripped it before it disappeared?

• BetoBeto 1,228 posts

Dang it! Hope someone grabbed it.

people are sharing it in various Facebook groups (and probably Reddit)

• BetoBeto 1,228 posts

Thanks, got it.

Really hope this Vimeo fuck-up means something. ANY MINUTE NOW. :P

• 00950025 ... ?

Is this it?

Sorry, I'm new to the board and this is the first thread I saw...

No, that is something else. That was an 'EP' released earlier this year. Current discussion has been about a video that was accidentally put online which included brand new Foo Fighters music that no one has heard before.

• Foo3001Foo3001 283 posts

Just realized the track (heard it once before it wasnt available anymore) had a Resolve-y feel to it!