Taylor Hawkins Taylor Hawkins • 1972 - 2022 Visit Memorial

Welcome to the unofficial Foo Fighters Discussion Forums!

Join in discussions with other Foo fans around the world.
Please Sign In or Register to get involved.

New album in the works

Comments

• Koala FooKoala Foo 1,316 posts

Next eye has dropped.. Shifty!

• IamBecIamBec 4,014 posts

New clip just tweeted

• wolwol 2,851 posts

Any minute now 😍

• Becks12Becks12 1,812 posts

I'm on Facebook but I'm resisting. Still πŸ˜‚

I keep getting Instagram alerts from foos too.

Stop it now. πŸ˜‚

• BexsterBexster 1,085 posts

I'm still not going to listen to the leak, I'm going to be good. Plus that FB group scares me a little.

• SkezzSkezz 7,408 posts

Waiting for the official drop

• BethMIBethMI 255 posts
    edited November 2020

It’s funny, I am usually super impatient, and I even have a facebook account that isn’t a garbage fire (my family/friends are pretty chill and educated) but apparently a song leak is still not enough to make me want to join that group.

• Maybe a little making of will come with the song ^^

• BigColBigCol 976 posts
    edited November 2020

Hello

• BetoBeto 1,228 posts
    edited November 2020

It's 3am. Can they just drop it (officially)!? I'm not going in a group of Karens, Nances, Rands, and other meme-like personalities.

I'm refreshing Spotify over and over.

• I avoid groups like a hot turd on the footpath but I just happened to peek into one and saw the link. Torn between grateful for the little preview and annoyed in a "this is why we can't have nice things" way.

• lharris92lharris92 1,731 posts

i've got that group muted, the amount of crap that filled my timeline got a bit too much...

You mean you don't want to see 4000 picture of red checked shirts or 57,000 posts of the same link about SNL?

• BexsterBexster 1,085 posts

Isn't that the quality content we all tune in for? 🀣

• I’ve been a foo fan from the beginning and having listened to the full shame shame I can see how some might be turned off. The way I see it is they have been around for 25 years, I think they are really to the point of making music to make music (I know Dave has always said this but I think they have rightly matured to it now) and trying new styles is part of that. My biggest gripe with sonic highways was that they didn’t stretch out their sound enough to the diff styles and I think that was a mistake and would have given that whole project more credibility. I for one am excited for the new album from all I’ve heard and can’t wait for the drop

Shame is catchy af tho...

• Not listened to the snippets but I've heard something,

I fucking hate it when bands' creativeness turns into gimmicky crap.

That's IMO what has happened to the FF a long time ago.

Everyone's recent favorite was WL, and on there the music itself was somewhat gimmick free.

A bad comparison maybe but there is a reason why bands like AC/DC are still musically interesting after all this time. They got a good thing, people like it. The FF has had multiple good things, they just suck at sticking with the good stuff for the sake of just branching out for the hell of it.

I love the FF, always will, but I just don't dig them for the music that much anymore, it's more like a cherished hobby that's lasted for +25yrs now.

• SkezzSkezz 7,408 posts

I'd rather the bands I like try to evolve rather than doing what AC/DC have done. They have pretty much released the same album over and over for decades.

• "it's more like a cherished hobby that's lasted for +25yrs now."

I could be wrong but I think Dave in the past has put Foo Fighters in perspective as this. As for AC/DC, I cant tell you any song that has been released after Big Guns. If you are not growing and trying new things then what is the point of doing it? To me, doing the same thing year after year is gimmicky/money grabbing. For me personally my music interests have changed over the years so why not for a band? I sound like i'm white knighting but just telling the way i see it, def don't besmirch anyone for having diff opinions. This is going to be a topic I think when the album drops as it has in the past.

• In the other end of that spectrum would be someone like Queen who really did evolve.

It’s possible, not everyone can handle it.

• It will drop today with the full bundle!!

• Single *

• What I mean is I like evolving as long as it happens logically, and has a musical point to it.

There probably was the HC longtime Queen fan who could not stand Bohemian Rhapsody but you’d have to be deaf not to appreciate it for the musical content, liking it as in personal preference is totally different.

I still love the band and believe me, trying the best I can to understand the musical choices they make. It has not always been easy in the 2000s.

• BigColBigCol 976 posts
    edited November 2020

Isn’t it Dave and Taylor’s desire to be the modern day Queen? As big as them, and revered at them. It’s what it’s all leading up to. Bands I love like AC/DC and Motörhead didn’t change their sound for a reason - they are successful and the found a formula and fan base they liked and catered to.

Dave has wanted the band to be loved by more than the original target audience - i think it all started after the Wembley shows in 2008. To be the biggest band in the world. Lemmy didn’t give a fuck about being a household name but I think Dave does. But it obviously can’t be achieved by playing guitar based rock music alone.

I think it's exciting that they're going in a different direction. Rather than churning out the same thing, which they definitely could and everyobe would still buy it, why not try something new? They've always liked to mix things up every now and then.

• Sure!

But if they made a jazz record, would it make a great jazz record? Dunno, probably not as there's quite a lot of landmark albums already.

If they now make an experimental dance-ish record does it make a good experimental dance-ish record? We'll hopefully hear soon enough!

If they now made a melodic, poppy, hook-y guitar driven energetic record, would it make a great melodic, poppy, hook-y guitar driven energetic record? Most probably, yes, as we all know from the past.

• DaveKDaveK 39 posts

In which case, the more appropriate comp would be U2. So this could be ACHTUNG BABY (which rocks) or POP (less so).