Taylor Hawkins Taylor Hawkins • 1972 - 2022 Visit Memorial

Welcome to the unofficial Foo Fighters Discussion Forums!

Join in discussions with other Foo fans around the world.
Please Sign In or Register to get involved.

new Foo Fighters album- ‘But Here We Are’

O.B.geneO.B.gene 4,235 posts
edited April 2023 in General Foo Discussion

coming March 2023…according to Chris Moyles on RadioX today

Comments

• lharris92lharris92 1,729 posts

Hi Dan 👋

• O.B.geneO.B.gene 4,235 posts

Hi Luke 😉

• Koala FooKoala Foo 1,300 posts

Rearrrry??

…thinking that was to be next year I totally forgot we are in 23 😂 Next month??!

• Betting it’s something they had already underway with T on drums.

• IamBecIamBec 4,014 posts
    edited February 2023

Hmm interesting… not sure how I feel about this yet..,

• I'd like it, but we'll see, I suppose!

• He specifically referred to the band, which gives me the impression that it's new or scrapped band material, but considering we're still waiting for an LA tribute concert release, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what it turns out to be.

Not too sure how i'd feel about them releasing new tunes on the anniversary of T's passing, unless it involves T's last recordings with them.

• Nice if true! I have my doubts...

• AndyAndy 65 posts

Perhaps they got some studio recordings done with a few of the supergroups at the tribute shows and they're going to put that out? Like a Medium Rare style compilation.

• TimTim 194 posts

Now that this has slowly picked up coverage, it'd be interesting to see if he tries to throw any cold water on it.

If he was just mistaken? Most people in that position would correct it the same show. If he spoke out of turn about some shit he shouldn't have been saying, maybe you hope nobody picked up on it and you can evade the stitches that are owed to snitches.

If you spoke out of turn about some shit you really shouldn't have said and it does get noticed and picked up on twitter, social media forums, and news outlets, your show the day after that is probably going to have a deliberate moment to correct when you misspoke and apologize for "breaking the internet" or some boomer phrase like that and you'll emphatically deny it.

• Or - on that last paragraph - would that only create a Streisand Effect?

• TimTim 194 posts

IDK, I think if it's already been picked up. You're going to see more places follow suit and mention it now. There's way too many media outlets that cover music for the amount of news so I think you'll see more of the Metal Injection, Consequence of Sound, Brooklyn Vegan, and other outlets start to run with it.

• Moyles is on a commercial radio station that gets 1.1 million listeners. The BBC Radio 1 Breakfast Show has 4.3 and Radio 2 gets 7.3.

Had he still been on a national broadcaster it probably would’ve warranted clarification or retraction, however him saying something like that now doesn’t land like it once would’ve.

I've seen a few outlets pick it up over the last couple of days.

A DJ leaked the Geelong gig 3 weeks before it happened, no one believed them...

Someone mentioned it on Reddit which I had forgotten about that "606 studio time" rumour.

• matineeidyllmatineeidyll 840 posts
    edited February 2023

That 606 studio time rumour, if we're thinking of the same one, came from that hasitleaked blogger from Europe. I was inclined not to put too much stock in a random guy having that information (reinforced by a crew member liking my post stating as such) for a number of reasons, chiefly the fact that they almost never use their own studio. Occasionally for demos/pre-prod and mixing but they'd really be bucking a trend to use 606 for actual production. That, and several other bands have been using the studio so it looks solidly booked out.

Of course, there's the chance it's 100% true and they've been real sly about it, which is also a thing they'd do.

[Edit: To answer my own question - I think these latest pics of Dave and Chris at a party were taken at EastWest...]

• BethMIBethMI 252 posts

As a point of order, i don’t think the “studio time” rumour specified 606 (I don’t think they need to book the studio they own), just “studio time in February”, wasn’t it? Rest of your point is 100% valid though

I just saw those pics, Dave in his jacket again! Maybe it was a Grammy's related party, seems to be a lot of them!

• TimTim 194 posts

Someday, I'm going to go to England, we're going to go to a pub and I'm gonna make you explain how radio works over there, lol.

• TimTim 194 posts

You are correct. Also worth noting that studios get booked for things other than recording rough tracks. Mixing/mastering

• matineeidyllmatineeidyll 840 posts
    edited February 2023

I'd wondered that as there had been a Grammy party held at EastWest, but that was a few days ago and both photos were posted overnight so I presumed it was a different event.

He is, however, wearing an identical outfit to the one he wore at the pre-Grammy Special Merits ceremony with Nirvana. Don't know if that means anything because he probably owns 367 black shirts.

He probably does along with 365 pairs of black jeans. You never know he might even have two of those jackets!

BBC Radio 1 used to be THE no.1 station when I was growing up, everything evolved around it. Radio 2 was for the Mum's and Granny's (except my Mum because she was cool...). Then Capital Radio came along, a commercial station then over the years they grew. Radio 2 is now popular our age group now, I understand! BBC is all funded by a licence fee so you don't get ads.

A friend and I were listening to Radio 1 a couple of years back, waiting for an interview with Dave to come on.... our ears bled, omg the DJ was awful, the music was awful... never again, unless Dave is on then I'll make the sacrifice!

Radio 1 breakfast show was good fun back in the day. Highlight of the week was the Sunday night Top 20 countdown, waiting patiently with our tape recorders ready to go 😂

• TimTim 194 posts

Well, shit. I guess Paul and I are just getting drunk now

• I listened to OP's podcast and I think she said it WAS at the Special Merit ceremony. Looks like Shifty was also there, then, because the background of the photos looks similar

• Well, yeah. Though there’s still my adjacent presentation; Radio DJs of the 70s and 80s who haven’t been revealed as sex criminals. But that’ll only take a minute tops.

I'm just listening to it now, yes she said it was at the first event. Sounds like the food was good!

• lharris92lharris92 1,729 posts

From someone who has his show on in the background daily:

"Chris Moyles has just said he can’t confirm nor deny what he said the other day.

He talked about how what he said escalated into a big thing and now he’s created a big shit storm that he can’t back track on.

In other words, I think he fucked up big time. 😂"

So he has acknowledged it today 😂😂

• TimTim 194 posts

I think it would’ve been incredibly easy to say you were mistaken, got confused, misread something, or just had a brain fart moment