Taylor Hawkins Taylor Hawkins • 1972 - 2022 Visit Memorial

Welcome to the unofficial Foo Fighters Discussion Forums!

Join in discussions with other Foo fans around the world.
Please Sign In or Register to get involved.

new Foo Fighters album- ‘But Here We Are’

18910111214»

Comments

• Loving the new album. Wasn't sure what to expect because I didn't care for "Released" when the single dropped. Still skip past it and enjoy the rest of album though.

• All songs are pretty solid, it makes it hard to pick a favorite! ... For now, I guess it's Hearing Voices.

• Foo3001Foo3001 283 posts

My favorite is probably the title track.

• BexsterBexster 1,085 posts

Played the album for my friend on a road trip. Little tip, don't make the person driving the car cry 😂

We got to Rest and she just said 'Bloody Hell Dave!"

• IamBecIamBec 4,014 posts

BBC 6 has been playing loads of album tracks this week… I might be wrong but it feels like they’re playing more - not necessarily more regularly but more variety rather than just the big singles

• FooArchiveFooArchive 396 posts

6 Music's B playlist has, in place of a single, had Foo Fighters - tracks from But Here We Are on it for the past 2 weeks and seemingly every time Lauren Laverne plays one she mentions The Churnups.

• lilmanjslilmanjs 443 posts

I've heard the artwork changes over time if left to soak in light. Anyone notice this before? I've not kept my vinyl out and the cassette is different slightly so the text won't ever change.

• SkezzSkezz 7,407 posts

Interesting and certainly could be something to it but I wonder how that would work with stock on shelves slowly degrading

• matineeidyllmatineeidyll 844 posts
    edited July 2023

I've seen a few comments to that effect but IMO it doesn't look any different to how it did when it arrived, in all formats. Admittedly, i've only taken one out of its packaging, but that hasn't changed.

Looking at the preview that Morning Breath posted, the same bluish tinge can be observed, except it's due to angle/shadows.

• doinforddoinford 23 posts

People have posted photos on Facebook groups of the lyrics coming starting to appear as well. Would explain a why the vinyl was so expensive. Pretty cool

• This incredible album has been on a loop in my ears and mind since it was released. Rescued (which they also chose as their first song during "Preparing Music For Concerts" is so catchy and sticky, like instant glue. It does not let go.

"It came in a flash, it came out of nowhere..." a clear reference to the shock Dave, the FFs, and all of us felt with the tragic news coming from Bogota (my birthplace by the way.) I had friends waiting for a band that never came out to sing.

"Someone said I'll never see your face again... " from Under You, their second track, perfectly summarises what it is like to lose someone close. And with that, the tone is set as a group of songs that act as a repair shop for the soul. Not only did he lose his best friend, but his mother Virginia also passed as well. And this is also a reason for me why this album has resonated so much. My mother Susana, much like Virginia, was an integral part of my life and she also passed recently, so I know where he is coming from. I too have used their music as a soothing drink in a dry and empty place inside.

I have the intention of giving my vocal rendition of "Show Me How", dedicated to his mother and mine later this year during an intimate Wohnzimmer Konzert or Living Room concert, here in Germany.

• lilmanjslilmanjs 443 posts

Interesting to see them do a sunrise video for the album but fits with the listening parties they did for it.

• Koala FooKoala Foo 1,316 posts

Ooooo that’s pretty….

• So who can I bribe to be a go-between and get this to me in Australia? Please, thank you, kisses etc.

• I

pretty but is it £34.99 pretty. Getting fed up with bands re releasing albums for RSD or national album day which is just another colour variant and putting a silly price on it. Foos are usually better than most as they will release something new and unique and pretty sure they don’t have much input in this release. I wouldn’t mind so much if it was a reasonable price. I’ll still buy it as I have to have it and it’s mugs like me that prop up this bullshit. Sorry for the rant. It is pretty though

Try being in Australia, our vinyls are $75! That's $47 US and I wanted to bring a copy of BHWA back for a friend as they were $19.99 in Target but wasn't sure it would make it back in one piece!

Probably...I have 3 coloured versions of M@M! I had pre ordered the orange one in Aus as it was supposed to be an exclusive. Then when I was in the UK HMV released a pretty blue one and then when I got back to Aus a friend gifted me the purple one!

But hey one day they might be worth something. I sold a lot of picture discs and coloured vinyl for nothingwhen we moved to Aus and now they could be worth a tad more!

• GeoGeo 3,409 posts

The plural of vinyl is vinyl 🤐

I've never had an issue with airlines allowing me to carry on records despite already having a handbag and a carry on bag. I just keep them under the seat in front.

It was cheaper for me to preorder BHWA from the Foo store and pay shipping than it was to buy in person at JB. Dumb.

Oops sorry!

I did the same, got mine from the US store which at the time was way cheaper, now not so much as the AU is weak against the US.

It's very pretty!