Taylor Hawkins Taylor Hawkins • 1972 - 2022 Visit Memorial

Welcome to the unofficial Foo Fighters Discussion Forums!

Join in discussions with other Foo fans around the world.
Please Sign In or Register to get involved.

Foo Fighters tour cancelled

Comments

• FooArchiveFooArchive 396 posts

With stuff slowly eking out for Autumn, Europe's quite unlucky if none occur xin 2021.

I can understand quarantine would be an issue however.

• O.B.geneO.B.gene 4,238 posts
    edited July 2021

more USA dates added

Forum show postponed

• FooZealandFooZealand 457 posts

May not be rescheduled any time soon after this today.

If only someone could have said it was too soon to be scheduling huge events as it was all looking like it was coming back really soon... oh wait

https://foofightersforum.com/discussion/comment/52995#Comment_52995

Biden will no doubt continue to react pretty well as needed - but he's totally hamstrung by red lunatics like the Abbott and DeSantis.

Still - the UK can quite safely open up fully on Monday - only 63 deaths today vs 29 a week ago. What's 100% a week BEFORE you even open up.

53% have had two doses so that's only about 33 million at risk vs 100% originally.

And Delta is only about 55 percent more contagious than Alpha, which in turn was 50 percent more infectious than the original Wuhan strain. Can't recall anybody had any real issues with the Wuhan strain.

Safe as can be. It's not like there's now 50+ UK and 400 ish known cases of a Lambda variant that is maybe 33%+ more infectious than Delta.

But it's OK! Boris is following the science and the data NOT the dates. It clearly shows that unless everyone is forced back to work, his friends, his donors and all the elite will only get vastly richer rather than insanely richer. So please get back out there for the good of the (2%ers) economy and kill each other... responsibly.

Cute isn't it how when the deaths start going up they will now say - well we told everyone to be responsible for their own safety and sadly these xyz thousand people/businesses obviously made some bad choices... (we sure as fuck didn't want to be responsible for making them any more).

My advice if you're in the UK - fill your larder/pantry. Lockdown 57 coming to a living room near you.

edited July 2021

Well this doesn't bode well for other US gigs...

Covid cases are rising in all 50 US states as the Delta variant spreads coast to coast, news outlets reported on Friday, and with less than half the US population fully vaccinated, public health chiefs warned of an “extraordinary surge”.

Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), said at a White House briefing: “This is becoming a pandemic of the unvaccinated.”

Walensky said the US was seeing an average of 26,000 new coronavirus cases a day – a seven-day average that is 70% higher than last week. Hospitalizations and deaths are also seeing increases – about 36% and 26%, respectively, with Walensky noting this was another “critical moment” in the outbreak.

Dear UK,

Seriously - real people actually voted for this retarded wallpaper wielding clown?

Prof Chris Whitty, the chief medical officer, said on Thursday that restrictions may need to be reimposed in as little as five weeks, before the end of the summer holidays.

“I don’t think we should underestimate the fact that we could get into trouble again surprisingly fast,” Whitty told a Science Museum webinar.

Could? That's hilarious.

Johnson later gallantly recounted in his memoirs...

Mr Churchill sir, they are bombing all our cities flat into the ground.

Right then - give everyone that stick of dynamite and box of matches and we'll show them some true British fighting spirit... they can't bomb what we've blown up first ourselves...

Insert "Where is Guy Fawkes when you really need him?" meme.

Just how fucking crazy is a guy to have 1200 of the world's scientists say this is seriously seriously wrong and to just totally ignore them?

Johnson today officially did the impossible.

He made Trump the second most stupid politician in human history.

• Koala FooKoala Foo 1,316 posts

If only everyone would go and get the jab. We have two cities in Australia in lockdown thanks to unvaccinated people who could have been. Limoman in Sydney who kicked if off, okay he got it of freight aircrew who also may not have been done. Then MCGman 60 as far as we know wasn't vaccinated either. Could have been a whole different story....

It's amazing how super spready some people can be, last outbreak one positive guy went clubbing in 3 places in Chapel St and nothing came from him then MCGman has given it to quite a few. It's not his fault he got if off NSW removal men but if he had been vaccinated maybe his viral load could have been a lot less?

I went to my first gig in months last Saturday, pretty packed venue and the gig was 7 hours as it was a tribute festival, must admit I was looking around thinking, I hope no one is carrying it! Then one of the outbreak pubs was just down the street, so hope no one at our gig went to that one first!

However, it was my first live Foo music in 16 months .....sooooo good! Obviously would love it to be the real thing but can't see that happening down here for the next couple of years 😫

F1 Silverstone today. Sold out for four days at max capacity as the first major crowd "experiment".

125 thousand on Sunday for the main race.

All the commentators are masked, teams all masked or often double masked.

British public left to "act responsibly".

"Public" being the singular of publics - this poor guy must have felt like an alien.

Still, it adds a lot of light hilarity as I sit humming Tragedy and Staying Alive...

https://i.imgur.com/HX3EN8I.jpg

I hadn't realised how hated Foo Fighters currently are with anti-vaxxers. So many horrifying comments on Twitter from people...what is going on?!!

• The Madrid date is very tempting with Liam Gallagher on the bill too, currently able to sort tickets, flights and AirBnb for about £250...

When it comes to Reddit & Twitter, I don’t do politics or follow divisive figures, so when people complain about those platforms being stinking sewers of human filth I had no experience because I’ve always kept my head down.

I had a little taste when Dave slagged Trump in the GQ cover story a few years ago - some right wing nut RT’d my upload of the story & I had a few days of unhinged replies, but it’s been nothing compared to the anti-vax crowd lately. Bizarre.

Also “Flu Pfizers” is about as top shelf as their humour stretches.

In this situation I just don't understand why so many people are so blaze about the whole thing, nor those that refer to it as being in any some way about politics.

Seems simple to me people shouldn't die needlessly and other people passively not just standing by, but passively attributing to others deaths, is beyond wrong, on a level that transcends politics.

• When they were singled out by some D-grade former child star, the anti-vaxxers had a mark without any thought, plan, or effort needed on their end. Just show up and get shouty.

You could say the band is...alone + easy target.

I'll see myself out.

Oh yes and it's been on their FB page as well, really nasty comments. People laughing at them for postponing LA gig but Delta is getting to double vaccinated people so they're damned if the do, damned if they don't now.

I must admit I was shocked at some of the comments during the election and about the vaxed gigs, I'm never following Foos again blah blah like just listen to the music people. I just think more tickets for the rest of us one day.....

• lharris92lharris92 1,731 posts

👀👀👀

UK dates incoming. I'll be going to everything!!! 😁

• SophieSophie 2,785 posts

What’s the source for this? I’ve seen the screen grab you posted and frankly it looks too low res to be real. Evening standard doesn’t have any ads when I looked either…

• That ad does look quite amateurish (the OO on Foo Fighters has the bottom cut off, the two 2s in 2022 are different...)

BUT - view the Evening Standard on its mobile site, browse a bit in the culture section and eventually you’ll see a banner - it leads to the bands holding page on gigs and tours. I posted a vid on my Twitter.

• BexsterBexster 1,085 posts

I can't pick it up, but it really wants me to go and see Hamilton 🤣

• 23rd June last confirmed date in Europe so far in France so onto England after that ?

Hopefully they can add a Scottish or Irish gig , planning on going on holiday 2nd July so hopefully don't miss anything

I'm hearing 30th June - 2nd July 2022 London Stadium

• 30th June works for me!

• Glastonbury 25th 26th june

Perfect, 2nd July is our wedding anniversary...... small fly in the ointment, will Australia let us out by then? 🤔

• GeoGeo 3,409 posts

Have overheard docs at work mention we should be at heard immunity by November and vaccine passports might be a thing, but we'll just have to live with it by then. No direct source and they're just as susceptible to gossip as the rest of us but it sounded nice at the time...

edited August 2021

Hospitality packages were listed for 2 Olympic Park shows with support listed as:

St Vincent & Shame.

Courtney Barnett & Hot Milk.

Either 3 nights London Stadium (if initial 2 nights sell well?) or a cheeky club show in between. Surely

• From the looks of current tour dates back-to-back show days are now much rarer than they once were.