Taylor Hawkins Taylor Hawkins • 1972 - 2022 Visit Memorial

Welcome to the unofficial Foo Fighters Discussion Forums!

Join in discussions with other Foo fans around the world.
Please Sign In or Register to get involved.

Foo Fighters tour cancelled

Comments

• DaxterDaxter 3 posts

Absolutely gutted I can't go to MSG because I live in the UK, and I'm not yet fully vaccinated. I went to see them there in 2018 and it was one of the best nights of my life. I'd love to repeat the experience. Maybe next time around.

• Got tickets (after a lot of times getting the dreaded "another fan got your seats" error). Somehow I accidentally clicked on a single ticket in a different area than my seats and couldn't just remove that one and keep the others, so I ended up with one random extra ticket but oh well.... going to be a great night at MSG!

• UV1UV1 24 posts

I got tickets in the 200’s. Not thrilled with the seats, but at least I’m in.

• Koala FooKoala Foo 1,314 posts

Yeah feel for you, it's lovely for the Americans but tough on the rest of us who are banned from travelling! I get my final jab at the end of next month but still can't go anywhere lol....

• GeoGeo 3,409 posts

The fine print does state that all guests must provide proof they are fully vaccinated 14 days prior to the event, so at least that's something.

• FooZealandFooZealand 457 posts
    edited June 2021

That's true - it may well act as a driver to actually MAKE some people get vaccinated that otherwise wouldn't too, which is something. I'm still most deff not on board but everyone most definitely has the right to do what they feel is Ok.

I'm not attacking anyone, just worried for fans and families. The UK daily figures continue to show daily increases supporting a definite third wave in progress with 7540 infected yesterday. Sure that's not the US but the UK is MORE vaccinated - and one thing we know for sure is that what happens in one country sooner or later happens in all others that ease off. Less people will now die as a percentage of those infected (vaccinated people far less at risk of death), but until everyone is vaccinated that will be of little comfort if say three times more people get infected by new aggressive strains. And there's no way to know what was a really really bad idea until four weeks after it's all happened.

Like I say - just really worried this is too soon.

• UV1UV1 24 posts

Anyone have the SPOTIFY presale code?

• Anyone have the Spotify code for noon? I think it's likely useless, but has to be worth a try. nancy_bagot@yahoo.com (I was active on the official FF board until it was taken down!).

• wolwol 2,851 posts
    edited June 2021

Good - more tickets for us then

"Former fans of Foo Fighters have pledged to throw out the band’s CDs after they announced a gig exclusively for those who are fully vaccinated." I mean... is that the absolute worst action they can think of?!

• If anyone has the Spotify email, could you possible email it to me at jfrancismiller@yahoo.com?

Thanks very much

John

• People are nuts. It's a NY state mandate. If they didn't require proof they could only fill MSG like 35%... To your point, excellent, more chances for us to get tickets!

• northendnorthend 55 posts

I guess time to get back on here and knock the dust off.

The MSG show is going to be magical.Maybe, hopefully insanely epic !!!!

a year and a half of pent up ,live concert energy being shared between band and crowd while opening one of the iconic venues in this country.In the big apple !

This one is a cant miss.

Good luck with tickets all.

cheers

• Anyone have luck with MSG or Spotify presales? Seems impossible to get tickets!

• tangybeetangybee 3 posts
    edited June 2021

Spotify going on now....so far no one is past the waiting room as of 12:14 PM. I've still got 2000+ in front of me.

• I’m sitting in queue as well with 1100 in front of me. Same thing with MSG presale this morning - all tickets gone when I got through.

Any word on opening act?

I am sure there will be some special guests. Which of the predictable friends do we know are hanging around town next weekend?

• ChrisinMSChrisinMS 14 posts

At least I was able to get a tshirt

• Ah making the trip up too, I see! Word was QOTSA but the lack of anything official this late in the game has everyone thinking either something changed or it was just rumors after all. Someone even posted on reddit their chat screenshot with ticketmaster asking about QOTSA and the rep confirmed them. Guess we'll see. Would love for it to be true.

• I saw a post in one of the FB groups say they messaged MSG and the response was that supports would be announced 1-2 days before the show. Can't verify it but that's the alleged word.

Wouldnt miss it,you kidding me. This has epic all over it.

Fyi mark your calendar. West Palm

“I think Amphitheater” has a weekend hold first weekend of Dec. Thats from my Live Nation peeps. They are usually very solid. I will update as I get more info.

• All kinds of news today. No opening acts according to MSG e-mail. And Andy their stage manager just passed away. Sunday was already looking to be an emotional night, but this is going to be different 😔

• FooZealandFooZealand 457 posts
    edited June 2021

They've dedicated MSG to Andy Pollard - 12 years is a basically half the band's run.

Very sad news 😑

Radkey were supposedly opening this run.

Last week, MSG staff said Queens was playing.

Then earlier this week, they said they’ll know openers 24-48 hours before the show.

Then today, they said they will not have any opener information before the show.

Foos playing MSG raw? For this show?

I doubt it - with the long history of surprises I'd say thay are just going to let the guests fly on the day...

Also I spotted this re MSG Merch:

"Foo Fighters merch will be available for purchase inside the Madison Square Garden lobby starting at noon on Sunday, June 20. You do not need a ticket to enter this area. Enter through the Chase Square entrance located at 7th Avenue between 31st and 33rd Streets."

• klhraboskyklhrabosky 2 posts
    edited June 2021

Any leaks on the print art for MSG tonight?

Also on the MSG website for tonight...too bad beer isn't included.

Special Food & Beverage Offer

As a special treat for arriving early at tonight’s concert, food & non-alcoholic beverages will be half price at concession stands inside The Garden concourse from 6:30pm to 8pm. *Excludes tax; restrictions apply.

• FooArchiveFooArchive 396 posts

From the merch stand pics it’s just the Kong poster (in regular & foil) and the Rock n Roll Returns To The Garden teaser that was fly-posted.

• trevgregtrevgreg 54 posts

I'm so glad they're back!

• lharris92lharris92 1,729 posts

two more european dates added. probably more to follow

Basel & Madrid