Taylor Hawkins Taylor Hawkins • 1972 - 2022 Visit Memorial

Welcome to the unofficial Foo Fighters Discussion Forums!

Join in discussions with other Foo fans around the world.
Please Sign In or Register to get involved.

Capsule Drop #1 Foo Fighters’ 25th anniversary

Comments

• Becks12Becks12 1,812 posts

I'd travel to them for sure πŸ˜‚ I'm fine to quarantine either way too. My laptop is packed and ready to go!

They're streaming a them crooked vultures gig on YouTube in a few weeks, an old one though.

I'm good for tea towels πŸ˜‚ I do have one to use and one to keep in your way of doing it! I think I have a spare too. Gave the rest away as Christmas presents.

• wolwol 2,851 posts

This is the best idea ever πŸ˜… I could create my own little teatowelgate here

• @Geo yes unfortunately we will pay the price of the second wave by being super cautious about everything until either a working vaccine arrives or it dies out... TBH I've really had enough of lockdown v. whatever we are on now, the last couple of days have really got to me, if only we could have been allowed to go a bit further and apparently that might be in jeopardy for the next step, it was apparently hinted at in todays press conference, I can't watch them anymore.

We calculated how much money we've lost since March, it's shocking.... Plus being a photographer if he insists on masks outside/inside all the time then there is no hope of working apart from pets or non-breathing objects! They've allowed weddings to take place again but photographers are banned from working until step 3. I really, really need a gig and be happy and joyful for a hour or two!!!

• TEATOWELGATE

OMG this just has me in fits of hysteria. And I have to add the only other time I've used the words "fits and hysteria" together were in 1987 when apparently I became a hard of hearing African Wild Cat....

19 years old with images of Joe Elliot being chased around "The Round" by a ferocious kitty that wont give a fuck what you say till you tell her who is really in charge... words to live by right there 🀣

Seriously though - fuck me THAT was an album that changed my life - of maybe 5 max.

MI - re store:

This is old re your comment - but I had two orders on the alien shirt to NZ as I fucked one up.

Anyway first one was sent pretty fast. Got tracking (into NZ) by UPS economy basic. 2nd one took forever but I finally got an update almost 3 weeks later (like you pretty much after the 25 drop).

I track what I can and the 2nd one finally shows up as sent from the US just after the email.

First one gets delivered on Monday 28th Sept.

Second one got delivered on Sat 3rd Oct.

I'm like WTF it (2nd) just left the US... clearly not the case - somehow their notification AND UPS tracking are all potentially fucked up right now. It obv left way before and I got no advice...

So I'm looking forward to a new 25th Ann Store Fustercluck - what can we screw up next?

-----------------------------------------------

ALSO... VERY IMPORTANT - When your order is accepted...

You get a page that has this in the middle....

https://i.imgur.com/xgMsGqE.jpg

Make sure you fill out the text alert field - you will get a txt re shipping - but also if they change anything / send you refunds etc.

After killing two duplicate items in one order, the UK store refunded me all the shipping on a second order to make up for it. I got a txt re refund.

One day I'll get one re shipping too... maybe 🀣

• I really feel for everyone that's (slowly) losing their self created businesses over all this - no disrespect here intended in saying this (to the people involved and I'm one of them) but employees get a hand out until it's not viable because their lost earnings are quantified immediately - while self employed get from (queue DJ... "Something from/to Nothing").

Employees fired walk away upset, but can (possibly) walk into a new job in a week. Try and create a business with (for example) 10 years of name and good will etc in a week...

If you are a company/business that's not in the FTSE/NASDAQ, no govt gives a shit - you are just collateral damage - actually even less important than the job loss numbers that they HAVE to report - even though you are the ones creating those jobs that are now failing, while the stock market climbs higher because it has utterly ZERO bearing on reality anymore...

The 2% with the 90+% of money fight it out on the share market, the companies they "own" create all the laws and "own" 80% of the politicians via lobbying and kickbacks. The rest of us go to jobs (mostly) working for one part of the cluster fuck or another - profiting everyone but ourselves in reality... while the self employed sit in the middle as the only real part of the economy that matters... because the are inherently creating something that people actually need that the megalopoly have missed (until they buy it out).

And now they are fucked too - there is a risk of a massive void - why try again to have a living from something it took years to get off the ground - when it's now likely impossible for many to even repeat if they wanted to even try and get back where they started?

The only final real winners in this mess will be those self employed people that have a business they can recreate at a moments notice, in front of 60,000 + screaming fans... with 7 merch tents out the front every night...

And I mean seriously.., FUCK THOSE CUNTS!! 🀣🀣🀣

• Koala FooKoala Foo 1,316 posts

@FooZealand yeah.... it's all a bit odd what's happening. Luckily some friends have been able to adapt, so those who primarily spend every weekend making wedding cakes are now doing more birthdays, cookies, cupcakes, sweet gift boxes etc. Whilst everything is on hold I've been drawing pics of Dave to sell, started a design business starting off with Foo themed masks, see where it goes! There's an Aussie company who did all the staging for gigs, they've adapted to making kit furniture, amazing stuff but fairly expensive but they seem to be doing well which is great.

Once we can shoot people without masks then hopefully we should be able to pick up quickly. The casualty is our event work which could take a long while to return which was more lucrative!

Let's hope once bands can do gigs again the infrastructure is there to support them!

My tshirts have safely arrived at my brothers! With the correct address 🀣

• Agreed. I am STILL waiting on an order I placed 2 months ago. Repeated emails with no response. Repeated calls to CS and I was always told I was next in the pick queue, week after week. I am told the order has finally shipped, but I won't believe it until I see a package at my door.

I have to say, I doubt I ever order anything else from the FF store because of this terrible experience. Pretty sad and I wish the Foo would find a different merchandiser.

I agree, think we've all had problems at some point. What usually happens, is you'll get your order really late but twice what you ordered so you don't end up too pissed off in the end!

The quality of the tshirts isn't great either. Other bands have much thicker material. And the sizing varies wildy. I have one tshirt that's nearly knee length!

• matineeidyllmatineeidyll 844 posts
    edited October 2020

I think it was the last supplier before LN took over but I thought the quality was pretty good then, as a woman who needs some wiggle room in her tees!

• IamBecIamBec 4,014 posts

Yeah the quality has definitely changed for the worse. Although I noticed the shirts I got from the US shop are much nicer than the UK ones. Shame

• I had two orders from the US store finally filled - both were before the capsule drop - both had a green Alien Sage shirt.

All the two shirts in the first were sealed - the second were all loose... like they had no time or desire to be bothered bagging them with the cat numbers etc.

As I had two the same in diff orders I checked the tags and they are the same shirts.

So I'm guessing the delays are less due to the store than the supply chain (just how it seems to me... in fairness to them).

Communication about any of that... well yeah πŸ™„

And oh look - just saw the UK Alien Sage were for Kings College... not the same as the US ones. And made me realise I get no UK store notifications at all, despite having both a US and UK account...

So you need to add yourself to the TWO mailing lists or you get Nothing from Nothing 🀣

Few years ago, an ex and I both bought the same Play tshirts from the UKstore. In the same size. Mine turned up knee length, whilst his was normal πŸ˜‚ I have to wear it tucked in.

Whats on the back of the US alien shirt? Is it the same material?

I collected my capsule drop tshirts at the weekend. Not true them on yet. Will report back.

Update: same quality as usual. Thin tshirt material, usual fit.

long sleeved makes a pleasant change.

Good quality or not?

the stuff I bought from the US shop was pretty nice but the UK shop stuff is all over the place

I wouldn't say good. I'd say the usual stuff they sell. Slightly cardboardy, feels a bit cheap.

If I compare my foos tshirts with eg pearl jam ones there's a noticable quality difference but foos ones I think are more expensive.

Wonder if it's worth buying from the US store in the next drop πŸ€”

edited October 2020

Yeah I’ve got a PJ shirt I bought in 2005 and it’s still totally immaculate compared with all my others

PJ quality has always been superior

re: Foo - yeah try the US Store

I could just stop buying it.... Ahhh who am I kidding.

The US store then!

New drop is coming today!!!

Me complaining about the quality then buying it anyway πŸ˜‚

I NEED 😩

I told my brothers kids the last lot were part of my new work wardrobe. Which isn't a lie.

Auntie needs (more) new work clothes

I mean my job has casual dress so I legit wear mine to work. But I did also once wear trackies to the office too

Trackies/leggings and foo tshirt is my life now.

My old work clothes are packed up so I can hang up my band tshirts. My old work clothes haven't got a hope in hell in fittings me right now anyway πŸ˜‚ mens tshirts are more flattering!

• O.B.geneO.B.gene 4,238 posts

95% of my t-shirt drawer consists of Foo Fighters t-shirts.

i need more πŸ˜οΈπŸ˜ƒ

Every time I go home to my parents - I’ve got a full wardrobe of shirts from over the years. Found one from 2001 and one from 2005 last time. Still fit πŸ‘ŒπŸ»

though I imagine the ones from 2011 don’t πŸ˜‚

• O.B.geneO.B.gene 4,238 posts

i hear you sister. i still have my Nirvana Incestide t-shirt from...god knows when...94?

....still fits

.....as a tea towl 😳