Taylor Hawkins Taylor Hawkins • 1972 - 2022 Visit Memorial

Welcome to the unofficial Foo Fighters Discussion Forums!

Join in discussions with other Foo fans around the world.
Please Sign In or Register to get involved.

Capsule Drop #1 Foo Fighters’ 25th anniversary

Comments

• Becks12Becks12 1,812 posts

Well it won't be in the UK or the US but other countries have their shit together a bit more.

Basically gigs in..... Croatia, Italy and.... New Zealand? πŸ˜‚

• wolwol 2,851 posts
    edited September 2020

And Finland.

Count me in. We can all bunk at #0's

• wolwol 2,851 posts
    edited September 2020

You should come with me if you're just chilling... I mean working from home!

Edit: just realised that they might not let you in the country

• Live Nation Merch can't be bothered fulfilling orders from that last drop with the alien shirt but they announce a new one? Okay, okay

• By next year (if we keep it out) NZ might perhaps allow artists back into the country.

They'd have to do a 2 week quarantine, so it would prob be pretty stripped back - and I guess impossible to justify for some at all.

But in theory an act could then tour just as normal, holiday etc ...

• Has anyone else been struck by the irony of this?

2020 - 25th Ann celebrations & new release all impacted by Corona virus

199? - "That fucking tape spread like the Ebola virus..." - Dave Grohl on 94/95 Rough Mixes becoming Self Titled.

• Hub.Hub. 170 posts

Ordered the slipmat (even though I already have three different ones and I can only use one at once 😁).

• BetoBeto 1,228 posts

I assumed the drops would be closer to each other (bimonthly or something like that) and not necessarily on their 25th anniversary. That'd be sort of underwhelming to announce "hey kids we're gonna drop exclusive C&G merch on 2042 (Jesus fucking Christ just let that sink in for a bit 😱)...

I digress, yeah, I don't think the capsule drops are gonna work the way you assume (or secretly know, in which case, start spilling the beans boy!)

• The US shop has sold out of 9 out of 13 items. The UK shop just one (the For All The Cows cap).

• IamBecIamBec 4,014 posts

If there’s still something left when payday rolls around I might get something

Hmm. So I ordered my stuff to go to my brothers address. But my phone auto populates address fields and has overridden some of what I put. But not all.

Face. Palm.

Postcode and house number/Street are correct. Then it has my street address then London.

Amazing 🀣 I've emailed them to see if they can amend it.

• wolwol 2,851 posts

Does anything ever go smoothly with you? πŸ˜…

Ahh that happened with me once and then they sent me this weird order number so I had to email them - and it was fixed immediately. Hopefully you’ll be okay! πŸ™πŸ»

• Ha... and don't forget Dave promised us some "crazy shit" for this year.... that man needs to keep quiet and stop predicting the future πŸ˜‚

Re gigs... NZ and pretty soon Aus maybe into really low numbers but they'll be super protective about people coming in until the rest of the world cleans up it's act. We are letting famous people in (unlike stranded Aussies because they can't afford the biz class ticket required...) but they still have to quarantine, guess not a problem for Foos as they could take over a resort as they are all empty at the moment. However, the authorities will still be paranoid about people mixing even when we have no cases!

The organisers of Byron Bluesfest were hoping it could still go ahead and they were planning on flying in the acts, quarantine and then using as many local companies as possible for infrastructure, roadies etc. I also saw a plan for a festival in Perth where there was a revolving stage in the middle and then the field was sectioned into zones. You can't leave your zone and it will have its own loos, food, merch etc.

I've also noticed many gigs scheduled for Concorde2 in Brighton (which is my local when home) has pushed forward their Nov/Dec gigs for a year!

Unless things suddenly improve and we get the vaccine then I can't see anything much happening for around a year 😒 It will be interesting to see the results of the German concert experiment, if all good then maybe it will give everyone more confidence especially as that was conducted inside, open air would be less risky. 🀞

I emailed them and they wrote back saying the delivery address was correct on their end.... Which doesn't fill me with confidence if anyone remembers teatowelgate πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I think the postcode and street address are the important bits anyway and they're definitely correct.

edited September 2020

Yeah exactly the post man only looks at house number and postcode 😊 you’ll be fiiiine

• Yeah - all very good points...

A LOT of people are trying to plan all sorts of scenarios to get gigs up and running again ASAP. But it will depend on so many things.

I'm all for safety first to be honest, but lets say...

You have 100 days of NO new cases. And that sounds utterly bonkers in most countries - though NZ reached 102 til this month.

There must be a point at which you can say OK let's give it a shot -

Let some acts in (if they want), quarantine them, test them negative - let them "live" just as you would other economy critical business people...

(I mean seriously FUCK YOU Sugar - that was hideously, blatantly "The AU Gov just licked my balls")

So it's an easy argue then on that basis - rock stars that have so much money they have avoided this mess like uuum literally the plague -

Are they a risk? Add local roadies and gear and what... 20/30 others that MUST come in with the band...

It must be doable.

If you are a band like the FF you want to play - I think they'd go for it as soon as someone shows them a way that makes sound sense.

But like you say - that might be a while even though it could be sooner - and again on balance I have to say I'm OK with that...

though it's a case of 50% of me saying be cautious, and 65% of me saying fuck everyone alive I need 25th Fireballs FF live lol

And yes that's FF math/s!

• 254 shipments of 14659 tea towels later...

OMG how can anyone forget.

What's worse than you fucking up and waiting forever for the store to reply...

Well I just found out!

You create a new UK account because you've changed email addresses and the store cant update your old account with a new email address...

I mean seriously? Nope - please create a new account.

So OK - you do that...

And you order TWO (not nine) just two (the max allowed)... of a couple of items you want.

And they think you've ordered duplicates in error and give you about 6 hours to tell them they are wrong...

And you are 12 hours out of whack with their clock (ie asleep) and suddenly getting refunds on stuff now Sold Out!

And if they refund something they give you back the ITEM price - but no shipping - and if you've paid tracked international its bumped up by every single item in the order...

I was out about 16 pounds due to "their concern for my safety".

So I'm calling bullshit (and telling them so more politely) and wondering if it's even yet another LN profit making scheme or just a BSI screwup...

Anyway - things to be careful of, though prob no big deal if you are UK based on a long term account.

Oh no! Have they cancelled everything or just the duplicates? That's so annoying though.

• Just the duplicates - I now get ONE of three items I ordered TWO of - so not the end of the world and I guess does mean maybe three real fans got one - or three more flippers got two. My one to wear & one for the collection policy is scuppered but oh well.

What really hurts most is that I deliberately kept the order under my customs limit (as you do)...

So MR FF VINYL figured he;d get back to his finances on Sat when he had more time to assess the damage and order anything that he really could justify (if it was left) along with a pair of the slipmats (which he'd had to leave off re said cust limit)... and you know, coz they were not limited to 300 there'd be plenty...

I'm my own best retard... Sold out 🌏️🀣

The sizes I wanted seem to be most popular and are now sold out - might size up or down and just slim/ grow into them

• @FooZealand we watched a Zep tribute livestream last night from Adelaide with...... an audience and indoors!!!

I know Perth had half a stadium to watch the footy and everyone seems to have survived.

Once AU gets down even further and there is little/no community transfer then why can't we have gigs? They've done a few socially distanced ones in the UK, ok you probably feel like a prized sheep at a country fair in your pen but I'll take anything right now! Problem with AU is they are just so super cautious about everything especially Mr Dan, heck we can't even step outside the front door without a mask yet he had a "supporting the music scene" post on FB the other day, how? However, I suspect anything is a no go until we get the vaccine so I'm not holding out much hope.... 😭

• GeoGeo 3,406 posts

They've had distanced gigs in Brisbane, too. But they didn't have the community transmission that we did and they're still being cautious.

International acts will have to quarantine until at least a vaccine is available. An east coast tour would take months if they had to quarantine every time they hopped the boarder.

And while its a little too late, Dan is supporting the future of live music by funding the massive list of venues he posted. Better than nothing, but obviously way more was/is needed.

• wolwol 2,851 posts

'It must've shrunk in the wash'. Translation: 'I've expanded outside the wash'

• You could always cut the front and the back into the size of tea towels 🀣🀣🀣

• The logic is definitely there that live gigs could happen - but there has been a lot of straight out ignoring of logic in the last 6 months.

My other thought was the band could hire out somewhere like Goat Island - set up shop and have the fans come to them. In my head anyway they then wouldn't be "touring" and people that were otherwise free to move around would just moving about as they were otherwise allowed to anyway. And capturing who arrived and tracing them etc would be a bit simpler.

Right now I'd settle for a live gig from Dave's garage - drink an appropriate amount, turn it up really loud and squint at the screen and I think I could fool myself for a couple of hours 🀣🀩