Taylor Hawkins Taylor Hawkins • 1972 - 2022 Visit Memorial

Welcome to the unofficial Foo Fighters Discussion Forums!

Join in discussions with other Foo fans around the world.
Please Sign In or Register to get involved.

Anyone else worried about the tour being cancelled due to coronavirus?

124»

Comments

• I knew it was only a matter of time. Had to happen. However, as a Knoxville ticket holder, not seeing the rescheduled date has me worried. I booked this show specifically for the Van tour. Now I’m worried it can just get lumped in with any regular fall or spring tour they’re planning.

• IamBecIamBec 4,014 posts

I was thinking they probably moved to Dec cus Europe was planned for Oct/Nov. Even that seems a long way off now.

• EmilyEmily 57 posts

😪😪😪

• lharris92lharris92 1,731 posts

I suspect through June may take a hit too... Glastonbury fest has just cancelled for the year, with all that's (not) going on, other things are probably going to the wayside too.

• IamBecIamBec 4,014 posts
    edited March 2020

:( gutted - not so much about Glasto but about everything else around it that might cancel

next week or two will be telling for festivals, then other gigs may be delayed decision for a month or two.

not only the whole music industry is going to suffer hugely from this, but live entertainment as a whole. also there may be a fair few repeats on tv in the next few weeks as a lot of companies have stopped recording.

One positive is Frank Turner has raised over £40k for "his immediate touring family, band and crew, people who've been with him for years and are now facing extreme financial hardships." - just by doing an online gig.

needs an intervention at some point I think

• "I’d never heard of Coronavirus until a couple of months ago and already it’s closing Glastonbury." - Michael Legge

• Koala FooKoala Foo 1,316 posts

The word downunder is that we’ll have bans on gatherings for quite a few months and practicing social distancing beyond that 🙀 so I can’t see any gigs here happening for some time. 😭

Guess it depends on how the cases grow and containment, we’re behind a lot of countries but it’s now taking off. I can’t believe how many the UK has increased by over the last week.

We’ve got strong advice not to leave so hope that doesn’t last too long, I may be able to escape for a gig if there’s any airlines left. Why this year of all years......

• Jazz fest in new orleans is postponed till the fall

https://www.nojazzfest.com/

• SimonSimon 576 posts

Yeah I'm still thinking the July 4th bash is the best case scenario for the first show this year, but that is indeed the best case scenario.

The Italy festival has zero chance of going ahead for obvious reasons, nor really any of the other European shows.

Call me pessimistic but I think there is real chance those December re-scheduled shows are all we'll see this year. They probably have already booked other shows in the fall but they're not going to announce anything now, it's not the time to promote and sell gigs.

very true, Biffy postponed their on sale date to later for their fall gigs... so did BTS

• Foo3001Foo3001 283 posts

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/10/magazine/coronavirus-economy-debate.html

”Larger gatherings — conferences, concerts, sporting events — when people say they’re going to reschedule this conference or graduation event for October 2020, I have no idea how they think that’s a plausible possibility. I think those things will be the last to return. Realistically we’re talking fall 2021 at the earliest.”

• SimonSimon 576 posts
    edited April 2020

I think most of the rescheduling is very much hopeful/wishful . These companies are losing vast amounts of money, cancelling events outright leads to even more losses. So they've been rescheduling in the end of the year probably just in blind hope that they can go ahead.

Nobody can know for certain but it does seem very unlikely we'll see huge gatherings so soon.

I think the inevitable France cancellations will come today, Macron is supposedly going to announce that the current restriction on large gatherings will be extended into late summer at least.

Guess France still didn’t pull the plug from summer festivals?

• SimonSimon 576 posts

He extended the ban on large gatherings until mid July so they're off.

Yes, it wasn’t covered in the BBC recapI read first.

Guess that’ll be common practise for most of the EU as far as summer is concerned - would be cool to have the rest of the EU to make decisions soon.,

knew it was going to happen... will just wait for official word on whether its a postponement or full cancellation

• SimonSimon 576 posts

Definitely no chance any of the other Europe shows happen in June.

As for when concerts may actually start happening again thinking about the talk of sporting events starting initially behind closed doors I wonder if we will see a lot more TV and online broadcasts of concerts as we gradually ease social restrictions. So no fans in attendance, just bands and crew. Seems like their best chance to earn a little money, if attended live shows are still a long way off.

some of the lyrics in this song are fitting