Taylor Hawkins Taylor Hawkins • 1972 - 2022 Visit Memorial

Welcome to the unofficial Foo Fighters Discussion Forums!

Join in discussions with other Foo fans around the world.
Please Sign In or Register to get involved.

new 'The Essential Foo Fighters' compilation album 🎶 

2»

Comments

• I think there should have been at least one song from Sonic Highways, if not Something From Nothing then maybe Congregation which is a great song too. Maybe by not including anything from that album people are more likely to buy it or stream it.

• I would agree on Run as lead single that should definitely be on there and it was killer live but has it been kept in their live set much ? Resolve- 4th single and not one of their best, not needed in my book. DOA should have been on the first greatest hits album. Wheels was just the 'new ' track for that album and not needed here.

• I have to say though that I think the way the tracks have been ordered should flow pretty well and sound pretty damn cool. If I could make just one change it would be for Waiting on a War to be on the CD version. I guess as with all the tracks that have been mentioned that people wanted included, there is only so much they could put on the CD.

• So my CD arrived today. The newer stuff sounds great like Making a Fire, Shame Shame and Rope (if you can call that newer still). The older stuff like Monkey Wrench and Big Me not sounding so good in terms of the mastering (and possibly the mixing ?).

Noticed as well that although Waiting on the War is not on the CD version it still gets a mention on the CD insert, not on track listing of course but in the artwork.