Taylor Hawkins Taylor Hawkins • 1972 - 2022 Visit Memorial

Welcome to the unofficial Foo Fighters Discussion Forums!

Join in discussions with other Foo fans around the world.
Please Sign In or Register to get involved.

Taylor.

Comments

• This is unreal. Absolutely devastating

• SkySky 3 posts

the loving heart, the wonderful soul, the big smile and most talented drummer. I miss you so much. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

• Heartbroken by the thought of all the great music that will not be made now that he is gone, at the same time i am so thankful for his impressive line of contributions the past 30 years.

Most of all i feel sorry for his family and friends over the loss of what seemed like a lovely man.

• SkezzSkezz 7,315 posts

Just read the BBC article that they were set to play a show. Fuck. That's somehow made it sadder because of the abruptness.

• myh3romyh3ro 3 posts

Been a while since I was on a FF post board but the official one was like a second home to me and some of you like family and today I wanted to reach out to you.

Terribly sad news, had the please urge of meeting Taylor and he was so sweet to me. I’ve never met a more down to earth musician and I know he’d hate this term but “celebrity”.

im so shocked and sad as I know we all are. Love to all of you and the closer FF family and Alison and the kids…

devastated!

• BetoBeto 1,224 posts

People/fans at the festival found out about the devastating news while literally waiting for the Foos at their stage. The festival played My Hero on all stages and lit candles at the foos stage. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

• WattsyWattsy 10 posts

Heartbreaking news. God bless Taylor Hawkins for many of the greatest beats and nights of our lives.

Your legacy will live on forever. Thank you. ๐Ÿ’”

• RobertRobert 5 posts

Never felt loss before when a celebrity or artist passed away. I’m feeling this one. This sucks.

• Haven’t been here in a while, but when I heard I instantly wanted to throw some love at all of you. What a tragic loss.

• what a nightmare for them - the vigil pics are so chilling

• I feel so bad for Dave especially. Remember when Taylor almost died the last time (that we know of) ? Dave sat by bedside for days.

As a lapsed fan I have been out of touch for quite a while but I’m glad I found this place (Thanks Donna). I know how hard it is to lose someone who’s literally part of the soundtrack of your life. โค๏ธ

• Can’t believe this happened to Dave again in his band while they still had so much life they should have lived. He and T loved eachother so much.

• Devastating news. Totally gutted when I woke up to this news this morning. RIP Taylor.

• Damn...this is hard to process!

• LooFooLooFoo 4 posts

This is just so sad and unbelievable. I have no words. Such a tragic loss, my thoughts are with the band and his family. They must be devasted. Taylor, you’re a legend.

• I haven't been on here in a long time, and even when I used to be on the original board often, was always too shy to post something, but today I felt the need to come and "be around" people who love the band the way I do and are hurting. I'm still in absolute disbelieve...

I can't imagine what his family and the whole band are feeling. ๐Ÿ’”

Lots of love to all!

• LeanneLeanne 790 posts

Oof that just made me cry even more. Absolutely heartbreaking.

• SkezzSkezz 7,315 posts

The way I'd read and possibly incorrectly was several bands started performing my hero on other stages after the news broke.

• ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ข those poor people who were looking forward to their show and had to experience this feeling in person

• bruh...

• It was the fans actually and then the festival staff played a few Foo Fighters' songs, including My Hero.

• I don't usually post but when I heard the news I thought I would come here with the people who could understand what I am feeling right now.

Not really sure what to do, a celebrity death has never really hit me like this. I am getting tons of texts because ppl know what this band means to me but I am not sure what to say or do.

Does anyone know if there is some kind of memorial planned or being planned in Los Angeles? I'm getting this question alot.

• Absolutely awful news. It’s horribly sad. Thinking of his family, the band, his friends, and all of you ๐Ÿ’œ

• O.B.geneO.B.gene 4,235 posts

I’m overwhelmed seeing so many other bands, musicians and celebrities sharing their grief and admiration for Taylor Hawkins on social media.

• BigColBigCol 973 posts

It’s been bigger headline news here than I thought it would be… I still can’t get used to our little band being that famous.

• The news is absolutely devastating, it all doesn’t feel real. I keep seeing tributes and news reports and it just doesn’t seem to be sinking in that T is gone ๐Ÿ’”

• Only thing I can think of doing is play my Taylor/Coattail albums - still in shock!

• SkezzSkezz 7,315 posts

Yeah I've been listening to them a lot. Hoping NHC full length still comes out. Birds of Satan was just a Chevy original tunes album under a different name right?

• SimonSimon 576 posts

I have set up an online memorial page for anyone that wants to leave a message, either for Taylor, for the rest of the band, his family, whatever you want.

When the time is right I will forward it to management so if anyone within the Foo family wants to read them, they can.