Taylor Hawkins Taylor Hawkins • 1972 - 2022 Visit Memorial

Welcome to the unofficial Foo Fighters Discussion Forums!

Join in discussions with other Foo fans around the world.
Please Sign In or Register to get involved.

Predict when we'll hear the first full song/single from album 10

Comments

• SimonSimon 576 posts

I wouldn't get excited for the Kerrang article, they don't put big new info in articles like that because they can't control when they go public.

• lharris92lharris92 1,734 posts

also someone within the office could see it and leak it before it's printed etc.

right now i'd suggest they're more focused on the effect of covid-19 and whether they are looking at postponing the first leg of the tour... as they'd want to give everyone as much notice as possible on that one

• O.B.geneO.B.gene 4,239 posts

no doubt the album release date will be pushed back, if there are no shows/tours to play

I'm guessing a whole year's wait.

• If they can just tell us if that's the case. If the album is pushed back i'm guessing the Autumn.

just release the album... give us something if not gigs 😶

• If we have to wait, then we will wait. It will all work out in the end.

• SimonSimon 576 posts

I would imagine they're just going to stay quiet and see how things play out for now, no need to rush anything at this point since album promo never really started. All they've said so far is an album is coming this year, so yeah, I expect them to just wait it out for the next month or two, see where the world is at.

• IamBecIamBec 4,014 posts

Yeah I mean the way things are getting postponed it’s not worth announcing anything really

• Maybe they'll give us something, Foos are like that in darker times no?

• There’s some talk around of streamed gigs so there’s always the option of a Live from 606 album launch. There’s certainly a precedent for this band. The only thing that leans towards no is them already doing it twice (once for WL and another for GH) and DG doesn’t like repeating these things but circumstances may force it.

• BethMIBethMI 255 posts

Imagine if we had another show like the 2009 one, with fan requests and stuff but this time it would also have, like, a good quality audio and video stream.

Though it would probably have a lot more covers now.

• BetoBeto 1,229 posts

Hoping for a livegig, that'd be awesome.

Jorge Drexler did one this week from a venue he had booked.

• SkezzSkezz 7,427 posts

I suspected that this album would come later in the year anyway with the first half celebrating the 25th anniversary with shows playing S/T and GH. Then the proper promo and touring for the next album cycle would start.

• Sorry if this was already posted elsewhere.

Date info inside.

No images? Click here

FOO FIGHTERS VAN TOUR 2020 APRIL DATES POSTPONED

Hi, this is Dave. Remember me? The guy who wouldn’t even postpone a show when my goddamn leg was falling off?

Well… playing a gig with a sock full of broken bones is one thing, but playing a show when YOUR health and safety is in jeopardy is another…

We fuckin’ love you guys. So let’s do this right and rain check shit. The album is done, and it’s fuckin' killer. The lights and stage are in the trucks, ready to go. The SECOND we are given the go ahead, we’ll come tear shit up like we always do. Promise.

Now go wash your hands.

Dave ​

Foo Fighters are postponing dates on the upcoming Van Tour 2020.

For a listing of postponed and new dates, see below. Information on the May dates will be forthcoming.

FOO FIGHTERS VAN TOUR 2020 RESCHEDULED SHOWS

Previously scheduled for 4/12/2020

NEW DATE 12/5/2020

Phoenix, AZ

Talking Stick Resort Arena

TICKET INFO

Previously scheduled for 4/14/2020

NEW DATE 12/3/2020

Albuquerque, NM

Santa Ana Star Center

TICKET INFO

Previously schedule for 4/16/2020

NEW DATE 12/1/2020

Oklahoma City, OK

Chesapeake Energy Arena

TICKET INFO

Previously scheduled for 4/18/2020

RESCHEDULED DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED

Wichita, KS

INTRUST Bank Arena

TICKET INFO

Previously scheduled for 4/20/2020

RESCHEDULED DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED

Knoxville, TN

Thompson-Boling Arena

TICKET INFO

SEE ALL UPCOMING SHOWS

• IamBecIamBec 4,014 posts

I wonder if they might release something while we’re all stuck in doors. Think of how many streams it’d get!

• Everythings get boosted, Foo Fighters will drop something sure. The Virus might delay the album but the single is maybe coming aroud April, or maybe in the next weeks

• BetoBeto 1,229 posts

Can we predict when will they do a #FFFromHome?

Next week. Announcement on Monday. HUMOR ME DAVE PLZ!!

They've been super quiet. Hope all of the band is ok, as well as their team and families.

• O.B.geneO.B.gene 4,239 posts

Dave is thinking outside the box right now. 25th Anniversary, change of plans. Adapting.

Shifty has done a couple of instagram live things the last couple of days which has been a good distraction.

And if they decided to do one, reckon a sneaky drop of a new tune? 🤔

• They've been relatively quiet in my opinion with the making of this album.

I wonder how many songs were recorded...and if you knew me from the last board I miss those b-sides days!

• SimonSimon 576 posts

Just guessing here, but based on the teasers in early January I think the original plan would've been for full promotion to have started this month. Full album details reveal, single, and more tour dates for the second half of the year. Then we all know what came along and changed everything.

As for when we'll hear anything now, you can look at it from two ways. One, the more pessimistic I guess, is that now is not the time to be spending money promoting an album that people are going to be struggling to buy and that you can't tour. More optimistically, they may see new music as a small morale booster in these dark times and give fans a little something.

It could go either way, but all we know for sure is this virus has definitely disrupted any original plans.

• Perhaps a live stream of the album but that would be classed as a group of people & social distancing is needed, they would need techies wouldn’t they...I’m guessing promo at the end of the year with dates for next year. If we aren’t all dead from idiots flocking to the seaside and country thinking it’s a bank holiday weekend.

• Dave said the album is ready, so they will drop something then blackout i think :)

• I can't see Dave not doing something online, maybe on his own or with Taylor or another band member. So many other artists are.

But it'll be a DIY job. No crew, and not the full band. And not doing the new album, except maybe a sneak peak of one song; depends what can be done (semi-)acoustically.

• TimTim 194 posts

Fairly astute. I get the sense they're super disappointed that this shit threw a mon--- err you know, into plans.

I'd bet on pretty much everything just being pushed back for time being. I could see some little nice internet gesture but it'd probably be closer to a 'Dave sings Times Like These recorded from a cell phone and makes a joke about washing your hands after" then anything significant or new.

I think they had enough planned and they were excited about the whole package, they'd rather try to get it all out as close to the original intended vision than force some nuggets here and there and not be able to be all in.

I also think this is exactly the type of band that could turn a cancelled 25th anniversary thing and make it the world's first 26th anniversary celebration for a band....They have a pretty good track record for turning chicken shit into chicken salad like that

• Looking forward to wearing that 26 1/4 anniversary shirt.

• RiaRia 126 posts

^^ I loove this! 'we are going to do something that has never been done before' 💛

For now, i hope we have something, a livestream.. however they want to/can do it, or Dave. i've missed them!

• I was going to say 'any minute now' but even I can't do that anymore 😶