Taylor Hawkins Taylor Hawkins • 1972 - 2022 Visit Memorial

Welcome to the unofficial Foo Fighters Discussion Forums!

Join in discussions with other Foo fans around the world.
Please Sign In or Register to get involved.

Favourite Foo fighters gig/concert?

2»

Comments

• hmmmm...

I’ll have to say the first time I saw them May 1995 in Seattle

Jan 2015 Dave’s Birthday Show

Holy Shits 2018 Hollywood Palladium

• Dr Nick RivieraDr Nick Riviera 138 posts
    edited February 2020

Stockholm Nalen 2011

Bridge Burning

Rope

Dear Rosemary

White Limo

Arlandria

These Days

Back & Forth

A Matter of Time

Miss the Misery

I Should Have Known

Walk

All My Life

Times Like These

Generator

Up in Arms

My Hero

Long Road to Ruin

Cold Day in the Sun

Big Me

Learn to Fly

Enough Space

Breakout

Stacked Actors

Skin and Bones

Best of You

Monkey Wrench

Hey, Johnny Park!

Everlong

Wattershed

For All the Cows

The Pretender

Aurora

This Is a Call

That was one hell of a setlist!

And Ullevi 2015. It was alot of broken bones! Fun concert to watch. And a surreal feeling that this was never one gig that was one in a trillionbillions.

These Days was the absolute highlight. A meh song for me on record but live it exploded. Also Congregation was a smack in The face song that night.

• Mean Fiddler 2003 although I'm still fucked off that the power cut meant they had to drop finishing on New Way Home.

• Love when that happens - not really connecting or being impressed with the recorded version but live you suddenly really feel it.

Congregation is among my fav recent ones live - I hope it sticks around their setlists

• Cheese and Grain and Glastonbury easily.

Memorabilia wise.. Krakow, it was my 21st and I caught my first drum stick. London Stadium for the drum skin.

• The first one I saw, when they opened for RHCP at The Gorge in George, WA in May 2000.

Loved the One x One set in Chicago and here in Lexington, KY in 2018

• Mike2Mike2 1,916 posts

Either November 2000 when I was on the rail for a gig at a small venue or the 2015 Wrigley show because of the people who I was able to hang out with.

• It’s already been mentioned but I will second the 3.5 hour Richmond show. It was the best set list night of that leg of the tour.

The Crowd funded Richmond show at the National was also a special one.

Something about when they play that city. I will never miss one there.

Deluna Fest on the Beach in Pensacola was a fun one to be at. Cold beer and sand in my toes . Also first one my then 16 year old daughter came with us to.(she’s been to few more since then,lol) Love passing the Foo down to future generations.

2012 pre Super Bowl Bud Light invite only show in NYC was also insane. Had center rail. Wasn’t the most unique set list or crowd but we were in our own Foo zone.

• TimTim 194 posts

That'd probably get my vote. The Roxy in 2011 held the top spot before that one cause the crowd was so fucking amped up and it was crazy how many people were singing along to new songs based on a couple of shitty youtube videos

• Koala FooKoala Foo 1,324 posts

All 3 of them.... all very different so can’t choose, need to go to more!

• Ullevi 2015 hands down. Standing feeta from where Dave went down was scary bit what a show we got!

• Ullevi 2015, will never forget that night. 🙌🏻

• The O2 was very cool because I'll Stick Around was so unexpected as an opener and felt like a good reward for being sat in the queue all day.

Dublin in the summer was very good too, so was Milton Keynes, so was the London Stadium. They're always great gigs!

• Probably the 1st one I ever saw in 2002, a great setlist from my favorite live era.

The corporate gig in an 800 capacity club in 2003 was a nice speciality as well.

• JulesJules 970 posts

NME was a good night with all of us there 👍

For me, Holy Shits at Brighton (again good company made it extra special) but also the Cheese and Grain gig....... that was more because it was so surreal/daft than anything! Actual farmers in their wellie boots 😂

• GabrielleGabrielle 2,554 posts
    edited March 2020

Pantages Acoustic 2006 I sat behind Dave's mom!

Palladino's 2007

Vegas 2008

• Hub.Hub. 171 posts

The ones I went to, because I saw them with my own eyes. 😁

Joke aside, I really like the Wembley one.

• trevgregtrevgreg 54 posts
    1. Afoostic Tour - Chicago, August 2006 (A chance to see a bunch of songs played differently than I'll ever see them done in an intimate setting... and meeting the band before the show didn't hurt either! Either way, a very memorable day, for sure.)
    2. Foozer Tour - St. Paul, October, 2005 (The first time seeing them and my first real "rock show" experience. Being ten feet away from Dave as they went into In Your Honor-All My Life-My Hero-Best of You before I could so much as catch a breath was a heck of way to start the live journey with them.)
    3. Metro show - Chicago, August 2017 (This one took seeing them front row in a small venue off my bucket list. And a three-and-a-half hour show to boot!)
  • LaraLara 108 posts

Goat Island, Sydney Australia. Played Wasting Light beginning to end.

Dave said "Requests??!?" I yelled "BUTTERFLIES!!!" and Auslan signed butterfly over and over. Nate saw me, nudged Dave, and I HEARD BUTTERFLIES LIVE 😍