Taylor Hawkins Taylor Hawkins • 1972 - 2022 Visit Memorial

Welcome to the unofficial Foo Fighters Discussion Forums!

Join in discussions with other Foo fans around the world.
Please Sign In or Register to get involved.

‘Times Like These’ to get an all-star cover version for charity.

Comments

• 02morrij02morrij 51 posts

This.

I wonder if the original will have a surge up the charts, too.

• GeorgiaGeorgia 202 posts

Before watching the video I was trying to guess who was singing each part, got a few: Basitlle Dan, Jess Glynne, Chris Martin, Dua Lipa, Simon Neil and Sam Fender

Been in my head again this morning!

• SimonSimon 576 posts

My main takeaway from the video was that I've become the out of touch old person who has no idea who 90% of modern pop artists are.

• BexsterBexster 1,085 posts

I didn't recognise Sean Paul at all until I saw the video! Who knew he could sing that well.

• lharris92lharris92 1,731 posts
    edited April 2020

it got 5th in the chart within like 12 hours. not bad

https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/

• Because each artist recorded the whole song (for the producer to decide what line of theirs was used where) it’d be nice to hear some of the full covers.

• SkezzSkezz 7,406 posts

I didn't enjoy the rap parts but meh. I also thought it was odd to give Chris Martin the last word as it were on the track. He literally only appeared at the end. 🤷🏻‍♂️

he probably insisted on it to agree to being on it to be fair...

• IamBecIamBec 4,014 posts

The more I hear it - the more it grows! 🙂

• Koala FooKoala Foo 1,316 posts

It was much better with the video, wasn't keen when I tuned into R1 for the first listen, especially the rap part! I really like the arrangement but of course seeing Dave and Taylor in it made it! The lava lamp has to be part of his kit for the next tour!

• I love it, especially with the video. The look on Dave's face when AJ starts rapping is priceless. I also think I might be getting old because I can't recognise half of these people anymore. All hail Sean Paul!

• Foo3001Foo3001 283 posts

It sucks, yet I can’t watch it without getting tears in my eyes, does not happen very often.

A beautiful memorial for the pre Covid world.

• O.B.geneO.B.gene 4,238 posts

my family proudly tell me Glen Campbell wrote ‘Times Like These’ 🙄

FF uploading a one min video fo Taylor playing the lava lamp is the content we needed.

love watching rare behind-the-scenes videos of them recording.

need more.

watch how the magic is done.

Number 1 in the UK midweek charts

👌

Had a few friends and colleagues forward me the email that's gone out to all BBC employers today, signing off from Dave 😂

Basically saying a crazy few months, incredible honor to have Times Like These transformed.

"When my manager first called and explained the project to me, I literally had to fight back tears - that's how flattered I was that the BBC would consider one of my songs for such an important cause.

To all those amazing artists who took the time to learn and sing the words that I scribbled on a bit of hotel stationary nearly 20 years ago - I am beyond humbled. You have no idea'

Then talking about how the proceeds will go to Comic Relief and people affected with Covid.

Signing it off..

''Thanks again, for giving me the chance to be a part of something so much bigger, I look forward to the day that we'll all be back in a muddy field again, singing our hearts out together;

Are Foo Fighters' latest tweets geotargeted to UK peeps...or are the rest of the world seeing these tweets? very UK focused.

...not that i'm complaining.

• There’s a possibility a Foo Fighters song may be number 1 in the charts tomorrow, if ever there was a time to launch a UK charm offensive it’s now.

I am streaming it constantly. I would be made it up if it reached the Number 1 slot, it would be historic. It's a two horse race with The Weekend (I think...)

The weekly chart ended at midnight, apparently it was the equivalent of 6k sales behind at some point yesterday (whenever the official charts put a post about it).

Sadly will probably end up #2 due to the amount of people who were probably streaming the song by The Weeknd.

But still, last week it got released 12 hours before the chart for that week closed and it got to #5. If it had been released a day later it would have run away with the chart this week...

• IamBecIamBec 4,014 posts

Ahh I’m so glad! That email was lovely to read. I’m excited to see if it stays number one.

I must've read an older article (from the 29th)... yesterday it was the equivalent of 1.1k behind so could have gone to the wire.

They are talking to people from the song... 100% Number 1 otherwise they wouldn't be doing this

• FooArchiveFooArchive 396 posts

All the 25th anniversary plans may have been shot to shit, but this is an unexpected treat.

edited May 2020

100%, Their greatest hits album also jumped into the top 20 at 18.

They gave it a huge push the last couple of days because it was behind in the charts for that time. Think it would have been pretty close.

Bloody excellent news!!

HAPPY FOO FRIDAY!!!!