Taylor Hawkins Taylor Hawkins • 1972 - 2022 Visit Memorial

Welcome to the unofficial Foo Fighters Discussion Forums!

Join in discussions with other Foo fans around the world.
Please Sign In or Register to get involved.

Sentiment

Wanted to say that we just took our son and daughter to see Foo Fighters at Hershey stadium in Hershey PA 7/23/24. It was AWESOME! Mentioning this for two reasons.

1-Our daughter Kate has struggled with anxiety and depression over last few years, Foos are her favorite band and I watched her smile and sing along during that show and my heart swelled!

2- Our oldest son David passed away on 11/19/22 from a fentanyl overdose at age 28 leaving behind a wife and unborn son. Worst day of my life and I have to live every day for the rest of my life without him. Breaks my heart. David was also a Foo Fighter fan and in fact the first time we saw the band Dave was with us. He was teaching himself how to play Everlong just before he died. ( I still have the video of his efforts on my phone❤️).

Anyway, I want to thank the Foo Fighters for being so relatable to all of us, yours is the kind of music that transcends age and time.

Yours Fooly, Mary Wharton, wife, mother of four ( one in heaven), registered nurse and one hell of a fan