Taylor Hawkins Taylor Hawkins • 1972 - 2022 Visit Memorial

Welcome to the unofficial Foo Fighters Discussion Forums!

Join in discussions with other Foo fans around the world.
Please Sign In or Register to get involved.

UK Tour is coming

15678911»

Comments

• GeoGeo 3,409 posts

I had the opposite expirience when I couldn't get a ticket for the Geelong show last year. People I hadn't talked to since highschool were offering me spares!

• BigColBigCol 976 posts
  • BexsterBexster 1,085 posts

Is it fair to suggest that by this time of the morning, no extra dates are going to be added?

• BigColBigCol 976 posts

I think so.

• lharris92lharris92 1,731 posts

Only Glasto 😉😂

• GeoGeo 3,409 posts

I wasn't. I was just the kid that was voted 'most likely to work for foo fighters' [clearly a category created specifically for me]

• Koala FooKoala Foo 1,316 posts

I’m glad this week is over and no more ticket stress for a while…well unless they announce a couple of Euro gigs I could be interested in!

Foos certainly have become even more popular, it wasn’t this hard getting tix for the 22 (canx) shows and now everything is sold out in Oz and UK.

Managed to get the extra ones on Friday, got into London Stadium site really easily but just as I did himself’s TM app suddenly went from 2000 in the queue to 1! Managed to bag better ones than the Stadium had. It was good as we had to catch a train so would have been a nightmare! I found G&Ts really slow to get into this time.

• SkezzSkezz 7,407 posts

Apparently I have a ticket to Villa gig. I don't know what sort because officially I know nothing about it. My sister has sorted it and seems like her and my uncle have split it to get me one for Christmas. Now Just got to figure out the logistics of getting to and from the gig

Glad you got tickets! This one I thought was definitely more stressy than usual, but less than I was expecting! I think often, when the sites crash, a lot of people just give up straightaway, so if you're more patient you more often than not get in eventually.

Apparently Villa Park run a shuttle to and from New Street Station if that helps? We're thinking of parking at either Cov or Birmingham International and then getting the train into New Street from there.

Also, happy Christmas 😁

What a nice Christmast present @Skezz !

I think you are right @Bexster you just have to keep on trying and trying, a lot of people were still getting tickets in the afternoons of the sales. Although a lot said they got to the front of the TM queue and then were booted back out to the beginning. One friend said that happened to him and after that he just couldn't get on to anything. These ticket sites do work in mysterious ways sometimes.

• SkezzSkezz 7,407 posts

I could actually drive to Coventry and leave my car at my folks then train it in and drive back home after gig traffic dies down on M6. Or I could just park up in Perry Barr and let the traffic clear up some and then go back on the A roads to Stafford. The irony is Birmingham is where I went to university and I know routes in and out that might be less hectic but Brummie traffic is so unpredictable. Manchester I know where to park and be able to get away quickly without issue and hitting traffic. Which is why most gigs I go to now I attend the Manchester date

@Koala Foo We got in, and then we got stuck with the presale link was just an endless circle of loading, but after about 10 minutes it actually let us in rather than kick us out. I'm just glad we both left it running in the background. But yeah, everyone getting different errors makes it even more frustrating.

@Skezz My friends parents live in Rugby, so we're using that as a base. Times might change before next year, but at the moment, the last train back there from NS is just gone midnight, but dumps you off at Cov and then a 5 hour wait until the first train of the morning.

• SkezzSkezz 7,407 posts

It's about a 30 minute drive back to Rugby so definitely worth parking up in Coventry and doing that final leg home same night

@Bexster that was lucky! All these ticket systems have good and bad points, Foos used Ticketek for Aus which I thought was frustrating last time but actually ended up not too bad this year. At least with them once tickets were selected they were yours, not like G&T where I'd quickly hit the next button only to be told on numerous occasions, sorry.....

I was surprised TM came good on Friday's sale for Best Seats, himself went from 2000 in the queue to 1, here's some tickets, paid, thank you very much all in 10 minutes! Meanwhile I'm on G&T still trying to get in!

• skiffyskiffy 16 posts

Been checking in here over the last few weeks and reading all the comments. This ticket buying experience was way easier than I expected, so chuffed. I had tickets for me and my son for last year's cancelled London gig (he would have been 12 and his first ever gig). Tried really hard to get tickets for the Taylor gig in September but failed and end up watching at home.

He doesn't know I've got tickets yet, will be a Christmas pressie, and at least this time he'll be 14 and actually be allowed in GA! Going with my cousin and a mate and their boys of the same age. Can't wait.

Hope they dish out inner pit tickets like at MK, will be checking in here after the Thursday gig.

🤘

• IamBecIamBec 4,014 posts

Glad you got sorted - that’ll be a lovely surprise for your son at Xmas!