Taylor Hawkins Taylor Hawkins • 1972 - 2022 Visit Memorial

Welcome to the unofficial Foo Fighters Discussion Forums!

Join in discussions with other Foo fans around the world.
Please Sign In or Register to get involved.

New UK Doc - When Nirvana Came To Britain

FooZealandFooZealand 457 posts
edited September 2021 in General Foo Discussion

Just watched this and found it really good. New interviews (far as I can tell, deff very recent) - with Krist and Dave, but what made it was all the UK people from the time that promoted and helped the band in the UK from the start.

Not the fastest download but well worth the effort IMHO.

HD 1080p 59 mins.

https://drop.download/9iag2z5j7zs7/When.nirvana.came.to.britain.2021.1080p.hdtv.h264-darkflix.mkv

Blurb:

Between 1989 and 1994, Nirvana introduced a new and exciting brand of rock music to the UK – one that changed the musical landscape and influenced a generation of British youth.

Thirty years on since the release of their seminal album Nevermind, this documentary examines the special relationship between Nirvana and the UK – including the role Britain played in paving the way for their global success.

Featuring rare and unseen archive footage – as well as home movies shot by the band themselves – the film charts Nirvana’s rise from their very first British tour, performing in pubs and tiny gig venues, through to legendary (and infamous) TV appearances on The Word and Top of the Pops that helped cement their status as one of the biggest rock bands on the planet, taking ‘grunge culture’ from the underground to the mainstream.

Comments

• BetoBeto 1,228 posts

Saw it yesterday on my YouTube feed but I dismissed it. Might need to check it out.

Here's the YT link for anyone who doesn't want to download. Not sure it'll be the same 1080p quality tho.

• It's an awesome documentary. And especially from a UK perspective. I really enjoyed it and would recommend it. Of course there were some things that were missed out such as lack of info on Everett True's involvement with the band, the lame fest show at the Astoria etc, but there is only so much you can fit into 60 mins. And also gave a fresh perspective on things.