Taylor Hawkins Taylor Hawkins • 1972 - 2022 Visit Memorial

Welcome to the unofficial Foo Fighters Discussion Forums!

Join in discussions with other Foo fans around the world.
Please Sign In or Register to get involved.

North America Tour 2020 including Van Tour

12346»

Comments

• Poppy4580Poppy4580 1,002 posts

Do we think the rescheduled dates for October will go ahead?

I’m sure the shelter in place orders will be lifted by then but we still could be under social distancing requirements. Limited to maybe gatherings of 1000 people.

Especially if there is a resurgence of cases.

2020 might be there year that there were no big music events 😞

• mingo05mingo05 4,309 posts

Public health experts are advising no large gatherings until there is a vaccine. That is the gold standard but who knows at this point.

• Mike2Mike2 1,916 posts

It's very possible and if it happens then so be it. I'd be leery of 20k people jammed into an arena even in October unless there haven't been any cases in a month and that's just not going to happen by then.

• Koala FooKoala Foo 1,316 posts

TBH I can't see any shows happening for sometime, we've had a couple of tours rescheduled to Dec and I'm thinking really?! We also have a few big names at the end of the year although they haven't been cancelled yet. The Aussie gov is hinting at continuing border control or if they do let anyone in then quarantine, I don't suppose bands will want to add 14 days costs to a tour! They seem to be placing a lot of this vaccine which I'm not sure is the total answer as I read they can't even get the one for SARS perfect, they also need to look at best treatments for those who get it.

Who knows but gatherings will be the last to be lifted which isn't good for us in the events business!

Even if the Van Tour goes ahead we'll still not be allowed out overseas to play, I was so looking forward to trying to get to see them in a smaller venue!

• lharris92lharris92 1,731 posts

I know LA isn't currently on the tour but any venues there can be ruled out until next year.

"The nearly four million residents of Los Angeles, California, may not be allowed to attend any concerts or sports events until 2021, the mayor told CNN."

• Poppy4580Poppy4580 1,002 posts

I saw that too.

Im sure that pretty much all cities will go the same direction.

I did also read that NY was considering something similar.

Completely screws over the sports too - NBA, MLB, NFL etc.

Going to be a long year.

• SimonSimon 576 posts

Sports should be able to return to playing sooner with no crowds, obviously doesn't really apply to concerts though. At least not in the same manner.

Yeah, I just think the teams will take a hit because they will have less income. On that, I know its not the US, but I'm seriously worried for some of the clubs in the lower leagues (football) below the Championship here as some could fold if they don't have the crowd for games. Could potentially happen.

Rough year for all live events is all you can say.

• SimonSimon 576 posts

Yeah that is obviously the main concern there, no fans in seats = no income for smaller teams of any sport, they don't get all the TV money the big teams do.

Things are certainly going to be very, very different come this time next year and sadly not in a good way.

fall dates now cancelled.

• Not surprising at this point, but sad nonetheless. Glad there's at least some final confirmation now though.

and as much as some will be disappointed, at least with the cancellation people will get money back when money is tight.

• For sure!