Taylor Hawkins Taylor Hawkins • 1972 - 2022 Visit Memorial

Welcome to the unofficial Foo Fighters Discussion Forums!

Join in discussions with other Foo fans around the world.
Please Sign In or Register to get involved.

Australian tour 2023/2024?

This news coverage of Allianz Stadium putting a cap on live events specifically mentions shutting out Foo Fighters from booking the venue for a planned Summer tour...

Comments

• Koala FooKoala Foo 1,300 posts

Would they anyway? We were going to Accor last year or is Allianz in a better location? But it's good to know they couldn't if they were trying!!

• It seems like a bit of a moot point as they only played Allianz once - they’ve been booking ANZ (now Accor) since then. Maybe it was the fact that it was my first stadium tour, but I remember thinking it was bloody huge. I could even see Taylor and Dave commenting on it, saying “fuck” as they looked upon it/us. Anyway, I didn’t expect them to try booking Allianz again, but this news item specifically identifies them as being one of the acts that has been unable to book it for Summer.

I kind of prefer Allianz for the convenience of being more inner city, but if they are indeed sorting out a tour, they could play in the Hawkesbury River and i’d find a way to get there.

I guess Allianz is more convenient, I hadn't even looked into the logistics for Accor before it was cancelled.

My first gig with them was the Marvel in Melbs, I hadn't been to a stadium gig since Madge at Wembley and it looked so huge! I'm glad they had swapped it to AAMI and had two nights, I had excellent seats there for Queen. I had one seated, one GA booked for Foos.

Just have to wait now....

• The NSW Premier announced that the 'concert cap' on Allianz is being lifted from 2 to 20 per year, to accommodate more touring acts and boost the state's economy. Again, FF was specifically name-dropped in this context. Make of that what you will!

Hoping, hoping we are next up for gigs!

• Come to Suncorp stadium in Brisbane please and get Shane Hawkins on drums

• The competition between Accor and Allianz Stadiums kicked off at the end of last month when Chris O’Keefe, host of a drive-home program on 2GB Sydney, said on his radio show: “We’re in tough negotiations right now with Beyoncé and the Foo Fighters because we don’t know if we can accommodate them at Allianz Stadium.”

He continued, “We just paid a billion dollars for the stadium, and we don’t know if we can say, ‘Hey, Beyoncé, come and play here,’ or ‘Hey, Fooies, come and play here,’” because of a new planning permit aimed squarely at the venue." (Source)

That's quite a big difference in the size of stadium, Foos would have to do two nights there seeing as they booked out Accor for last Dec.

I was actually quite pleased they changed to AAMI for Melbourne (and we were going to get two nights!) as being a square stadium you're a little bit closer in the seats, my Queen seats were great, similar ones in an oval stadium you're further away. So I had one night seats, one night GA.

• Tour announcement coming tomorrow, according to a few sources.

• O.B.geneO.B.gene 4,235 posts

as soon as these German dates were done, i knew they'd announce something.

UK/Australia dates I hope

Ekeeeeee!!

Pray tickets go on sale this week as I’m away next and it won’t be so easy, especially with the time difference between Europe and Oz!

• Gunning for next week myself, purely selfishly - don’t get paid until then 😁

I wonder if they’ll add Adelaide back on the schedule?

• IamBecIamBec 4,014 posts

Yep that’s what I thought too - as soon as the festivals are done in Europe… something will be announced

• GeoGeo 3,401 posts

I need Adelaide so I don't need to go to Sydney 😂

Hope they add Ade back in so lessens the demand for Melbourne 😂 so I would probably do Ade, Mel and Syd.

I can feel the ticket stress already….

• BexsterBexster 1,085 posts

High five 🤣

• IamBecIamBec 4,014 posts

Wowwww - surprised they announced Aus before UK but space is 2 weeks nearly between announce and on sale - must be loads of presales! Also totally made up for you guys too! 😊

• FooArchiveFooArchive 396 posts
    edited June 2023

Is there a band called ‘???’ because it’s weird to include that on a poster if you just haven't booked a support. It suggests a band that can’t be named as yet.

I’m a bit confused about presale for the 9th.

On Foo promo and email it says Amex and Fan club (aka newsletter) and I’ve got a code (which has already been shared on Reddit 😡) but I go to Ticketek and they only mention Amex presale for the 9th. I guess I take the chance, even though it’s a 4am login whilst I’m over here…

• I took it to mean they hadn't finalised that slot yet - but it could be read that way, too, I see what you mean!

• Ticket prices: Nine hundred dollarydoos

• Got Sydney, Brisbane, and Adelaide!

• Hope all who wanted tickets got sorted

• GeoGeo 3,401 posts

Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide.

RIP my bank account, annual leave, and travel budget.

• Totally worth it. Money is over rated anyway :) Foo's Tickets are a much more valuable currency!

Adelaide, Melbourne & Sydney! And Melb again if they add another show!

GA was easy but getting decent seats in A reserve wasn’t. Kept giving me ones towards the back, eventually some popped up.

Seems a lot of the ones nearest the stage became Ultimate i.e. over double the price! For that I want a beer with Dave!

It was a fun night, I actually managed to stay awake and went to bed at 5.30 am.