Taylor Hawkins Taylor Hawkins • 1972 - 2022 Visit Memorial

Welcome to the unofficial Foo Fighters Discussion Forums!

Join in discussions with other Foo fans around the world.
Please Sign In or Register to get involved.

Additional US Dates

They've added some new US dates, all in ampitheaters for around 10,000 people.

Getting my hopes up for an arena or even academy gig in the UK before Rock am Ring

Comments

• O.B.geneO.B.gene 4,235 posts

Great to see

• Koala FooKoala Foo 1,300 posts

My heart leaps every time I wake up and see there is a Twit message from Foos, this morning it was those shows. Still hoping and praying for a UK date whilst I'm over there... and one that isn't Glasto!

Talking of which I found a website which is Glasto rumours, Foos weren't listed anywhere in the tables (it's broken down into confirmed, self-confirmed, varying levels of rumours) and yet at the bottom they are saying there is a 5/1 chance of them appearing from Sky Bet.

• They've announced this in a very curious way - the most straightforward and nondescript representation of themselves possible. No art, no promo photo, just a grey band logo on a white background. Intentionally blank, giving nothing away.

• Agreed. Interesting, also, that Dave isn’t involved in any promo for any of their shows. I mean, they’ve done no promotion at all, other than posting about it on Twitter and emailing it out.

• It closely resembles their NYE announcement. Even their Live Nation page is just their name and band logo. All shrouded in carefully-planned mystery.

I think we're back to this damned if they do, damned if they don't re promo. Seen a lot of varying comments on the socials today, many people saying just how can they even do these shows etc.

They don't really need to do any promo, tickets are selling fast but I do wonder if they'll do/say something before the first gig. Seems for every fan they lost they've gained 10 more, some people have become fans just by reading Dave's book!

• northendnorthend 55 posts

Strange Locations for the Headlining shows. I realize they are warm up shows for Boston and Tenn.

But the lakes region area of NH seems odd. Funky venue. Logistically way out the way.

I took a chance and grabbed tix and booked a hotel(not close) seeing how it is currently the first show back and not a festival slot.

Anyone think they will add more before May or is this where it starts?

• AndyAndy 65 posts

I assume they're doing slightly smaller gigs to test the water with the new guy and remove the obligation & expectation to do 3 hour sets. Same with all the festival bookings, they'd get a 2 hour headline slot at most festivals.

Looking at the 10 day gap between Rock Im Park and the next US date I think a surprise appearance at Download wouldn't be out of the question, possibly as a surprise opener on the Thursday.

• Download's booker has said multiple times Foo Fighters keep eluding him as headliners, so for them to make their festival debut as a secret opener? Probably unlikely.

• GeorgiaGeorgia 202 posts

The Atlantis, DC date looks mega. 450 capacity.

I've not seen the 'request' function used on Ticketmaster before, but I like it! Will be special for those who are lucky enough to get tickets. 😁

• lharris92lharris92 1,729 posts

May be publicly advertised as $44 but you can bet your ass that ticketmaster will try and add a few extra fees 🤡

edited April 2023

Think it's $11 for fees per ticket. Sadly standard for most gigs now. 😣

(Edit, $55 still cheaper then most shows, hey!)

• Side note: I am all for Ticketmaster getting their tushies spanked by artists and venues for exploiting the stranglehold they have on the industry.

• I put in for the FF gig and a couple other Atlantis shows. Thinking it’s a long shot, but fingers crossed! Also going to Boston.

Not sure how to get rid of this quote on mobile so ignore for now ..

MORE US dates announced!!!! Year of the Amphitheatres hey!?

• IamBecIamBec 4,014 posts

Interesting….

• BetoBeto 1,224 posts

With the Breeders! Very nice duo.

I love Foos dearly but their drip feeding of dates can be frustrating! Will there be more? Does this mean any dates next year will be stadiums? Questions, questions 😂

I woke up this morning to the new dates, presale was already on, tickets already purchased by many, main tickets are on sale 2am Australian time that's even if some US venues will sell to an outsider. I had tickets for the last Seattle show but LA, nope, wouldn't sell to me so I had to ask a friend to buy them.

Seeing Foos in an amphitheatre or at least a smaller venue than a huge stadium is on my must do list because it doesn't happen anywhere other than in the US.

I tried for Phoenix in the middle of the night, no luck for pit or seats near the front. I'm not flying to the US to sit at the back ha ha!

But I see there are loads on Stubhub this morning at highly inflated prices 😡 One was a seat that popped up which I missed out on, wonder why....

• Drip feeding of dates makes me nuts! I try to be grateful they’re even a band at all still after last year, but it still bugs me so bad.

Also if anyone has or comes across an extra Atlantis ticket I would love to buy it from you and will pay for your ticket and more. Pretty please and thank you 😎

I know, it's just from the point of view is if you have to travel to see the guys (especially from another country) then suddenly coming up with additional dates once travel is in place makes it tricky, especially these days when flights are in heavy demand so if you leave it they sky rocket. If we had all the dates at once it would be a lot easier to plan! I could have added Quebec to Milwaukee but travel is in place and I've got things happening either side now.

I'm still hoping for Phoenix as a separate trip, I keep looking but the pit tickets I want are on Stubhub at the moment which is frustrating! They are teasing me soooo much but I daren't buy them just in case they get refused, I can't take the risk of going all that way and then being turned away!

Good to see them back

• AndyAndy 65 posts

The setlist looked great, some touching tributes to Taylor in there as well

edited September 2023

Interesting that they’re avoiding the new songs in some of these recent shows. ‘But Here We Are’ is a cracking album.

• Why are they avoiding new songs already? This is so weird to see when the album isn't even half a year old.

• Is it more to do with the crowd for leaving out some of the new songs, although I'm sure Rescued would fit in.

Someone said for Aspen, very mixed crowd, more locals that's why they played the Family Favs. Riot Fest, maybe they felt those songs weren't right for that crowd, again, very mixed. Yet they played The Glass at one fest recently which surprised me.

Will be interesting to see then what they play at Virginia Beach as a smaller FF show. Hope they aren't ditching the new album, I'm desperate to hear The Teacher live ...and Nothing at All live!!

• I know at least one or two new songs were on the set list for Riot Fest, but weren't actually played. I want to say it was Rescued and/or The Teacher. If it was the latter, it might've been a timing issue, as they had a strict 8-10 play time before curfew. They left the stage at exactly 10 pm.

more US dates added for 2024?

• US and Canada so far. This year was just a way to ease back into it, I suppose!