Taylor Hawkins Taylor Hawkins • 1972 - 2022 Visit Memorial

Welcome to the unofficial Foo Fighters Discussion Forums!

Join in discussions with other Foo fans around the world.
Please Sign In or Register to get involved.

UK Show in 2023???

Hi All,

The more times passes without a UK show announced I'm more certain they wont do one. The 'exclusive European headline show' which Rock IN / AM announced for Germany is also pretty bad news for any UK date or dates but whats your thoughts?

Personally I think we will get a new album & world tour announcement in the 2nd half of this year and can expect multiple shows in the UK next year. this seems to follow the pattern of how most artists are announcing things (Pink, Metallica etc).

Comments

• Koala FooKoala Foo 1,300 posts

It's looking less likely now, I would have thought if it was going to happen it would have been either side of the Germany dates, partly to save another trip across the pond. Download is the next weekend so that would be possible but they'd have to make a big gap in the schedule to fit Foos in. Glasto and IOW are a couple of weeks later so they're not going to hang around for those, so I guess it would have to be a stand alone Foo gig.

But you never know, it's still only February and they arranged Geelong in a couple of weeks but then our staging and infrastructure people weren't exactly busy at the time! As long as they play it between June and August that's ok 😂

• lharris92lharris92 1,729 posts

Never say never, but that does imply a secret set could occur.

Not likely though

• I think a secret set is most likely if they did anything. Also depends if they do the media tours etc which I dont think they will do until they have an album to promote etc. Media tours might put them in London in which case they might so a secret Download gig or something of their own in London similar to the Holy Shits.

Glad I went in with a ticket for Germany. The joy of having a Foo's gig to look forward to in the summer is good for the soul :)

Their festival schedule this year really is all over the place though. back and forth to US but very spread out.

I think early September in the UK would be my most likely prediction if they did a big show but I would be more than happy with the Germany shows this year and a bigger tour with multiple UK date next year.

its just so nice to be talking about Foos live shows.