Taylor Hawkins Taylor Hawkins • 1972 - 2022 Visit Memorial

Welcome to the unofficial Foo Fighters Discussion Forums!

Join in discussions with other Foo fans around the world.
Please Sign In or Register to get involved.

International fans waiting for a merch delivery? The wait will be indefinite

matineeidyllmatineeidyll 840 posts
edited September 2021 in Collections And Recordings

The US Postal Service has stopped all mail to a number of countries.

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/international/welcome.htm

Comments

• FooZealandFooZealand 457 posts
    edited September 2021

TOTALLY stopped only to these countries below - all the rest are just disrupted and have been for months and months.

Each country has a click through that shows what the current state is - most are just slow. I'm getting US store stuff in NZ OK and one arrived in total lockdown as postage is an essential service - as it will be in most countries.

Why Australia is in this short list is a bit odd - it has a * there that basically is saying you will get your parcel if you are paying the really high cost tracked options, as they REMOVE Priority Mail Express International as stopped - so still going (but wickedly expensive).

The other important thing with the store is they don't use USPS at all - they use UPS - so I think any of this only applies to mail out of the US via the US Postal Service - like all eBay purchases by Australians WOULD be screwed right now.

Customers: please refrain from mailing items addressed to the countries listed here, until further notice.

These service disruptions affect Priority Mail Express International® (PMEI), Priority Mail International® (PMI), First-Class Mail International® (FCMI), First-Class Package International Service® (FCPIS®), International Priority Airmail® (IPA®), International Surface Air Lift® (ISAL®), and M-Bag® items.

*Australia’s service disruptions affect First-Class Package International Service® (FCPIS®), Commercial ePacket (CeP), International Priority Airmail® (IPA®) packets and International Surface Air Lift® (ISAL®) packets only.

Unless otherwise noted, service suspensions to a particular country do not affect delivery of military and diplomatic mail.

Afghanistan

French Guiana

Mongolia

Tajikistan

Australia *

Guadeloupe

Reunion (Bourbon)

Timor-Leste

Bhutan

Laos

Saint Pierre and Miquelon (Miquelon)

Turkmenistan

Brunei

Liberia

Samoa

Yemen

Cuba

Martinique

South Sudan

Eritrea

Mayotte

Syria

• My package came by UPS and then handed over to AusPost. Hope my replacement comes.

I sent an Express International letter containing some important documents to the UK, delivered it to post office on the 23rd August and hasn't even left Australia yet! Supposed to take 4 days......

• Geez that's 2 weeks ago - that almost sounds lost to me. If you cant get Express letters out in days then things are truly fucked, though to be fair I've had nothing but trouble with Aus posted stuff for longer than covid.

I was looking at something on eb in Aus - Im really glad now that I passed.

• They keep updating the status, processing by air carrier since the 31st! Probably could get a flight out as a person quicker, if only we could leave......

• They are having to wait for a free flight that has enough space to handle all the massive weight of your envelope 🤣

I think after 5 days you should be refunded when you use their top service - because frankly thats just saying - look we're incompetent - you still want to use us? Great... how can we fuck with you today?

• Good news, letter has landed in the UK! Now just has to negotiate the Royal Mail system.......

• 6 weeks... tops 🤣

In more bizarre mail news - I had a Foo film slide arrive yesterday, sent from the UK.

Same seller had sent me stuff before - all envelope stuff and always arrived inside 3 weeks. All concerned had long ago written it off as lost.

Turns out the seller accidentally put United States at the bottom of my otherwise perfectly correct NZ address.

And it finally still found me....

Sent April 2020!

Cant begin to imagine the amount of Covid that envelope has seen 🤪

• OMG @FooZealand that envelope has done more travelling over the last year than any human! Glad it found it's way to you at last!

• Royal Mail has been fairly decent recently in my experiences, almost back to what i'd deem "normal".

Saying that there is always a stray thing or two that takes a while.

• That's good to hear! AusPost has been awful as we spend a lot of time in lockdown so everyone is ordering stuff online. Last year it took 3 weeks to send something to a neighbouring suburb which I could have delivered in 15 minutes!

• My Dee Gees stuff (or what remained of my order, since half of it was cancelled by LN) allegedly went out on Aug 27 but has been stuck at San Bernadino ever since. Maybe by the time it arrives, the movie will be out and there'll be more merch to wait for 😁

• My tracking stopped at UPS handing it over to AusPost and then one day it just turned up! Mine left California at the end of July so you're about a month behind me, so you might get it in about 3 weeks. I'm now waiting for my replacement hoodie. 🙈

• yep thats exactly how it should be - tracking will say arrived in (your country) - then they hand all standard mail over to the national post office after its gone through customs (1-2 days after arrival).

I've had a couple of free upgrades to priority by the store in the distant past - and in those cases its fully tracked - as the handover goes to a courier company.

It should be noted that UPS in the destination country is still involved - and in NZ at least they are utterly dreadful to deal with and insanely slow to shift stuff once its arrived. The local post part is prob as normal - it just takes forever to get out of UPS - which is ridiculous when the tracking often says stuff has arrived in the country in mere days - and you can still wait two to three weeks after that - all a UPS holdup. And that was before covid.

• If there is any up side to that - even with standard shipping as just said, the tracking always says left USA and arrived dest country. So if it never leaves - the store should be able to follow it up immediately with UPS USA.

I don't believe there should be a hold up going to AUS even now - so I'd give it a week and then raise a ticket with the store - so if there is an issue or it's been returned to the store in some kind of cock up (it's happened to me) there is a better chance they still have stock to replace it than if you leave it longer.

• Yep you are probably right @FooZealand part of it is still UPS but then we are classed as "regional" for deliveries so gets handed over to the locals. It's a shame we can't be regional for the purposes of lockdowns.....

So my hoodie is on it's way! I have to say they've been pretty quick to respond at FF Merch recently! I sent an email just asking when I might get the tracking number and they replied with the number the next day!

• Yep been very quick for me too since the last US lockdowns ended.

So it doesn't matter how badly they mess up - you're going to know about it sooner than ever 🤣🤣

• It finally arrived this morning! Minus the Learn to Fly pin, which was cancelled with no explanation, but something showed up 👍🏻

• It must be ANZ week - my Dee Gees stuff just arrived too.

More amazingly it was all correct.

Mindnumbingly - my two Chicago shirts arrived the same day - and were both the 3XLs I ordered.

I had a Medicine Eye shirt with those two Chicago ones that got canned as well - they did at least say not in stock - yet same size is still for sale on the site...

All in all - apart from stuff like your pin going MIA without notification, they do seem to have upped their game this year.

Though they really needed to - they must have been spending so much time playing whack a fuck-up.

• My replacement hoodie arrived yesterday, less than a month!

I noticed it was handed over to another courier company rather than AusPost, might explain why it got to me quicker ha ha..

• I forgot to add before - they do that (give to courier) here to when the parcel is a box or too big for the main postie.

Not sure that explains your one but hey if it arrives faster AND is the right size who cares lol

• I'm just happy it arrived and not gone awol between California and here!

• FooZealandFooZealand 457 posts
    edited September 2021

Yeah just image the stuff @wol must have been sent over the years! 🤣🤣

• 😂 a treasure trove of all lost Foo merch!