Taylor Hawkins Taylor Hawkins • 1972 - 2022 Visit Memorial

Welcome to the unofficial Foo Fighters Discussion Forums!

Join in discussions with other Foo fans around the world.
Please Sign In or Register to get involved.

My Hero released today - 23 years ago!

On This Day: My Hero was released as a single, in 1998, 23 years ago! Its the third single from The Colour and The shape album. This song was played live for a few years before the album came to light. The UK release came with B-sides, which included Baker Street (Gerry Rafferty cover) and Dear Lover. It charted in the UK, narrowly missing the top 20 and charted highest at number 21.

So today, i declare as HERO day. Who would you dedicate this song to? Who is the hero / are the heroes in your life? Who shines for you and why? 

Comments

• BetoBeto 1,228 posts

I bought the Japanese EP, I think that first "single" i bought, it all went downhill from there.

• Michael MunroMichael Munro 50 posts
    edited January 2021

I bought this single when it first came out in HMV. It’s gone on to be a classic and a much bigger song than it ever was when originally released, much the same as Everlong. The My Hero UK single had two kick ass b-sides: a cover of Gerry Rafferty’s Baker Street which Foos did a very good version of and the acoustic Dear Lover which was used in the film Scream 2. Love that song! Not to mention the enhanced section which was a really cool thing to play on your PC back in the day.