Taylor Hawkins Taylor Hawkins • 1972 - 2022 Visit Memorial

Welcome to the unofficial Foo Fighters Discussion Forums!

Join in discussions with other Foo fans around the world.
Please Sign In or Register to get involved.

The Roxy Theatre - live stream 14th Nov 2020

12346»

Comments

• I am so glad they played "Make it Right"! I have loved that song from the first lsiten and sense it has a similar vibe to the new record.

• ZodZod 2 posts

Yah. They did two sets. A longer acoustic set, followed by an electric set. Technically they only played 2 more songs than Foo Fighters, but they did a lot of banter with fans between songs. It was pretty amazing how well it turned out.

• Koala FooKoala Foo 1,300 posts

I saw Metallica was very fancy with the wall of fans and apparently Frank Carter had interactive fans as well. Foos was more like a session down the pub... in a good way! Loved Dave's chit chat...

• RiaRia 126 posts

^^ 'Make it Right' is the song i wish i could like more off C&G. From my first listen, it was the one that got my attention. I love how it starts, the verse, it has such a nice groove ..and then when it goes into the prechorus/chorus it's not as fun, to me obv. I like it better live, much more this time and i was thinking the same @WinnebagoHalo14 , it might work better with the new songs.

Loved that there were surprises! They say it every time when they have a new record, but i feel like they are really pleased with what they've created. 'Holding Poison', as i see from the setlist above, sounds soo good. They were also more comfortable playing 'Shame Shame'

And of course, i loved their chit chat 😁

• lharris92lharris92 1,729 posts

not gonna lie, it's poor form that it was uploaded by some dickhead before the window for people to re-watch it was up.

potentially stopped them raising a bit more money for charity.

• O.B.geneO.B.gene 4,235 posts

if they do another live stream show (soon-ish) would you pay $15 again to watch it live? or just wait to watch it free on YouTube the following day?

• lharris92lharris92 1,729 posts

it really depends, if the money was being raised for a good cause then i'd consider it at that cost.

• matineeidyllmatineeidyll 840 posts
    edited November 2020

Selfish fans gotta be selfish. They want all the content for free and everyone else to do all the work, then complain because prices keep increasing and miss the part where they directly contributed to that. The show was already much less expensive than if it were in a venue, and some of it goes to the people who are out of work at the moment but who otherwise keep live music as an industry going. Foo Fighters wouldn't come to town without them. They matter. Not paying and just stealing the video also steals from their livelihoods.

• Koala FooKoala Foo 1,300 posts

They could have waited a few days before uploading. I happily paid and I know lot more wanted to but were having trouble paying on the run up. They did extend it into the next day for people to buy tickets which was great so I hope they did to help the cause.

As usual lots of people saying they thought they should have done it for free or they couldn't afford it. But then that's like a normal gig, if you can't afford it you don't go, there's plenty of people I've missed when things have been a bit tight.

• BetoBeto 1,224 posts

I think I'd pay again as long as they keep it LIVE and here's the kicker, NO SONGS repeated. Now THATs a challenge for Dave.

And I'd pay top buck for a special obscurer setlist

• BethMIBethMI 252 posts
    edited November 2020

it would be interesting if they did another one and advertised it as a deep cuts show, make it clear that the hits will be thin and see how well it sells. I bet it would still sell like crazy. I mean, obviously Dave was missing the audience input on big songs, so the obvious answer is to not play the big songs and then that wouldn’t be a problem. It wouldn’t happen, but honestly, what would they have to lose?

• Yes! Fans vote for fav 25 songs through 25 years not played at The Roxy last week! What would yours be? Mine:

1 I'll Stick Around

2 Good Grief

3 Wind Up

4 Up in Arms

5 Enough Space

6 Stacked Actors

7 Generator

8 Aurora

9 Live-in Skin

10 Headwires

11 Ain't it the Life

12 Have it All

13 No Way Back

14 On the Mend

15 Cheer Up, Boys

16 Stranger Things Have Happened

17 Statues

18 Summer's End

19 Outside

20 St. Cecilia

21 The Neverending Sigh

22 T-Shirt

23 Happily Ever After (Zero Hour)

24 The Line

25 A320

• Somehow I skipped over my favorite album, ever!

Insert:

Dear Rosemary

Miss the Misery

Remove:

Good Grief

A320

• DaveKDaveK 39 posts

Been offline a fair bit since beginning of December... forgot I ordered the t shirt and poster from this gig. They’ve not shipped yet, right?

• FooArchiveFooArchive 396 posts
    edited January 2021

So, my T-shirt showed up today after being held ransom for customs fees for Royal Mail - for some reason, as well as the t-shirt, MerchBar listed 2 Koozies (at $15.99 each!) on the shipping label.

So I’ve paid more than I paid for the T-shirt in customs/handling fees for something that isn’t even in the fucking order.

• IamBecIamBec 4,014 posts

My poster appeared to get dispatched a few days ago... but UPS hasn’t updated yet, I’d imagine I’ll pay a fortune in customs tax when it eventually gets here

• Huntsy67Huntsy67 41 posts

Anywhere to still catch this?

Had a link on YouTube saved but it was taking down