Taylor Hawkins Taylor Hawkins • 1972 - 2022 Visit Memorial

Welcome to the unofficial Foo Fighters Discussion Forums!

Join in discussions with other Foo fans around the world.
Please Sign In or Register to get involved.

D.C. Jam

SimonSimon 576 posts
edited February 2020 in Tour Talk

Think this big event deserves its own topic so.....here it is.

Venue and date TBA.

Β«1345

Comments

• IamBecIamBec 4,014 posts

Niiice

• Poppy4580Poppy4580 1,002 posts

I’ve already booked flights and hotels based on a guess that it’s RFK on 4th July 😬🀣

After that huge teaser at the weekend its radio silence again. πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„

They are like kids dropping firecrackers through someones letterbox then running away to hide behind the hedge laughing at the confused homeowners.

• Koala FooKoala Foo 1,316 posts

The website was down for a while yesterday so I was convinced there’d be news this morning but nope. I didn’t sleep well, probably at the back of my mind is, is there news being announced whilst I’m sleeping!

• EmilyEmily 57 posts

I'm super excited for DC Jam! I hope we hear more soon. I need the Fooseum lol

• If we could just have dates confirmed, that would be awesome

Looks like we might be getting multiple jams!

• Becks12Becks12 1,812 posts

Yas! Hope they're spread out. Ie, I hope the dates are more convenient for me πŸ˜‚

• lharris92lharris92 1,734 posts

lemme know the dates and I'll see about doing some holiday planning around it.

• SimonSimon 576 posts

So the Caljam accounts tease the new DC Jam alongside the FF accounts, followed by radio silence for almost a week. Then the Cal Jam accounts seemingly tease another Cal Jam event anyway...

I don't get this marketing lark at all.

it is a bit strange.

Building suspense. Getting people talking. Creating fomo.

Working innit πŸ˜‚

They just like fucking with us

• SimonSimon 576 posts

Sure, just seems an odd way to go about it if indeed there is going to be a CalJam. Surely it'd be better to say there is a Caljam first, then say "surprise, also one in D.C.". Instead of this way around.

I guess that's why I don't work in marketing and promotions though. πŸ˜„

the marketing for it seems a bit disjointed.

Could have easily done a CalJam tease vidya and then at the end the vidya goes blank and then the DC Jam tease too.

Minute video, job done

• I mean, as long as they do a CalJam here so I don't have to go to DC, I can live with it. :)

I can't go anywhere on 4th July as working 5th July so hoping for a caljam by my birthday (Oct) please.

edited February 2020

Chris Stapleton???

They must have let Shifty in on choosing the line up 🀠

• BethMIBethMI 255 posts

I think the fireworks in todays tease support the July 4th theory

• O.B.geneO.B.gene 4,238 posts

i don't think this Chris Stapleton chap was supposed to tweet that 😊

what are the odds CalJam is just rebranded DC Jam for the year?

• DC101 has a "major concert announcement" tomorrow morning at 10am. Really hoping it's DC Jam!

• SimonSimon 576 posts

Monday is when FF usually announce big things so I think it has to be! Thanks for the info.

• IamBecIamBec 4,014 posts

Wooo!

• EmilyEmily 57 posts
    edited March 2020

Radio 104.5 Philly is a sister Iheartradio station to DC101 they also teased a major announcement Monday so of course I wondered if it was FF dates. Not sure they'd promote DC Jam but we ARE only 2.5 hrs from Philadelphia to DC so maybe... 🀞

• northendnorthend 55 posts

Just booked Embassy suites hotel . Just in case

Many Hotels are already sold out for the the weekend of the 4th. So get on it.

Wifey says “let’s just fly up for show. We missed Stapleton last time he was in West Palm, so let’s just go and then later in week do that other show”

For those that don’t know ,Stapleton was jamming some Skynard esque Hard Southern Rock before his solo career. Check out his band the “The Jompson Brothers” . Pretty solid stuff.

That same week, being the good friend I am, We committed to going to Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Joan Jett and fucking Poison (looks like a bad high school flashback) on Thursday and Friday in Orlando .

My buddy and his Girlfriend ,who We drag to foo shows all over ,loves the Crue . I owed him.

So Who else makes sense on this bill?

Wasn't there talk last year of a Yankee stadium Foo, Stapleton, Van Halen, Line up that never materialized?

• July 4th at FedEx Field.