Taylor Hawkins Taylor Hawkins • 1972 - 2022 Visit Memorial

Welcome to the unofficial Foo Fighters Discussion Forums!

Join in discussions with other Foo fans around the world.
Please Sign In or Register to get involved.

Your latest Foo item?

1235»

Comments

• matineeidyllmatineeidyll 840 posts
    edited August 2021

Fixed, cheers! It just shows a blank space in comment preview, curiouser and curiouser.

The design would definitely ring some bells for those who pay attention to what he wears onstage, here he is wearing it at Conejo Valley Days a few years back:

• FooZealandFooZealand 457 posts
    edited August 2021

I'd most likely have seen that and thought it was just a band I didn't know.

Ah yes the blank space - you've reminded me I get that too... but ONLY on the first embedded link for some reason.

Try in edit to embed the same link twice...

chances are first time you'll get what you've seen...

and second time either the first embed displays or they both do.

With only one link embedded, it is there but is invisible - BUT there IS an embed line there and you can drag and select "past" it to confirm / find it.

It's a funky bit of software for sure lol. But I do like that it auto saves your drafts - that has saved me a few times.

• FooArchiveFooArchive 396 posts
    edited August 2021

Hooves Army was the url, the brand was just Hooves. It was Nick Raskulinecz’s baby and the designer Jeff sent me stuff to tease Dave’s involvement (but a few years ago my webhost overwrote my news section so all that 2008 stuff is lost).

The first sneakers “The Beast” did get a limited run as part of a collab with Gravis, but for whatever reason the next few designs never materialised and it just fizzled out.

It was very much a ‘putting the FOO in FOOTWEAR’ era. Chris had a shoe out with Macbeth around the same time and this was just after there had been designs leaked for a Foo Fighters Vans collab.

• FooZealandFooZealand 457 posts
    edited August 2021

Splashed out on the one poster I've seen this round that I had to have.

Zombie Yeti Albuquerque - matching the two others hes done with the Alien - artist edition of #06/50

Hail Satin casually slapped on the side of his bag lol... love Yeti's work.

https://i.imgur.com/zN4FdkD.jpg

• Still buying CD singles - even old ones with scribbling on.

• That scribbling ruins it... 😅😉

Picked up a promo cd of Let It Die

• Yeah - makes no sense I couldn't get a discount lol

Hard to find those 4 together on anything anymore.

Same seller sold this at the same time - $1225 for a cd single!

• More OLD old stuff

These were well discussed over years in the old FF board. Promo postcards that came out for stores and at promo parties before the first album and at launch etc.

Haven't seen one for sale in a good while. Had a look at the item just in curiosity and noted the guy saying he'd been a promoter - he nearly booked the band but the dates and venue didn't work out.

This was very early and he was pretty well connected - it was going to be the princely sum of $2000! Like costs and a laugh money.

Anyway he was.is moving house in CA and had found a box with some window clings, an Exhausted EP, a later tattoo sticker he threw into it, and an original stack of the postcards he'd never got to use.

He sold two of them, we had a long chat on a bunch of things - I told him no you don't want to ask $20 bucks (or whatever he was planing to list his Pocketwatch tape for that he figured was pretty worthless) and why lol... and bought the rest of his postcards.

• Hey all!

I know this is no marketplace, but what I am selling should only go to a true fan.

I'm selling one of my original Late! - Pocketwatch cassettes.

It's the black on yellow cover with red overlay version. It's in great condition. Tape, labels and J-card are in very good condition! Very minor crack in the plastic case. A crack, so not broken

My collecting has been slowing down the last few years. Concentrating on making music myself and raising a lovely daughter. She's really into playing guitar, so I'm saving up for her own first electric guitar.

Hit me up with a message if you are interested.

Cheers

• lharris92lharris92 1,729 posts

Question if anyone has an answer (I'm sure I saw someone mention it a while ago but have no reference).

2011 MK Bowl gigs the backstage bar had "Ye Olde Fighters Arms" tankards I believe...

In 2015 did they have something similar, and if so did they use the ones that were supposedly for the cancelled Wembley gigs?

Ta

• The latest additions to the Fooseum:

• VHS - 'All My Life' UK/Ireland version, less strobes
    • TCATS Dave Grohl interview CD
  • My latest additions 😊:

• Everlong - CDS - EU-Promo
    • Walking After You - CDS - US-Promo
    • I'll Stick Around - CDS - UK
    • Times Like These - Cardsleeve CDS - EU
    • I'll Stick Around - CDS - Japan (W/OBI)
    • Stacked Actors - CDS - US-Promo
    • Best Of You - CDS - Australia
    • Next Year (Live In Holland, Part Two) - CDS - Netherlands
    • This Is A Call - 7"-single - UK
  • The latest:

* But Here We Are - Japanese CD

* But Here We Are lyric booklet

(Pic link - can't embed because that function is still broken)

• IamBecIamBec 4,014 posts
    edited June 2023

I have a 2011 tankard & all sorts of other pub merch but they didn’t have the tankards in 2015 I don’t think. I can’t actually remember what they did have looked like but I’m certain I’ll have some photos on my hard drive from that era. Will have a look… (unless someone else comes back to you first)

OK thanks, might be a mock up thing - will post an image of it at some point

Japanese version of new album, white & black vinyl versions, cassette and lyric book

• EdFurlongEdFurlong 310 posts

I decided to thin out my poster stocks of ones that will probably never get framed or hung. A couple of FF are worth double to triple what I paid, but apparently I've got a 'rare' foil version of a QOTSA gig from Melbourne in 2018.

Two of them have gone for over $1,200AUD in the last couple of months... 😲🤑

• EdFurlongEdFurlong 310 posts

The Geelong gig poster and the 2018 Brisbane poster. Both going for $200+.

The $1,200 poster is the QOTSA Melbourne 2018 one by Ken Taylor. It was a limited run of 50 or something.

• doinforddoinford 23 posts

Been after one for years. Late night drunk eBay purchase and spent more than I wanted but so happy now it’s turned up

• no codeno code 35 posts
    edited August 2023

I received my Record Collector presents Foo Fighters magazine yesterday. Low and behold!

David is in there with his The One 7" Single! Two pages with his story and some glorious pictures. And to top it off a ten! page article on Collecting the Foos. With our esteemed board member Foozealand residing. Awesome!

Congratulations to both! You have been officially installed as true collectors

Now that you're famous. Please remember us simple souls here at the board. It all started in this thread...

Cheers!

• Koala FooKoala Foo 1,300 posts

I've got my issue but haven't had chance to sit down and read it yet! I didn't want to take it to the beach in case it got damaged.