Taylor Hawkins Taylor Hawkins • 1972 - 2022 Visit Memorial

Welcome to the unofficial Foo Fighters Discussion Forums!

Join in discussions with other Foo fans around the world.
Please Sign In or Register to get involved.

UK Tour is coming

Comments

• AndyAndy 67 posts

I'm surprised the day tickets for Rock am Ring / Rock Im Park didn't sell out though so who knows what the interest will be for the next lot of dates. The new album hasn't had heaps of press so might not be too painful to nab tickets.. hopefully

• IamBecIamBec 4,014 posts

Depends if the bots ‘wanna go’ πŸ€­πŸ˜’

• BexsterBexster 1,085 posts

I don't think the lack of album press will harm the bands reach in terms of ticket demand. They're too popular a band at the moment that one quiet cycle won't hurt.

• Koala FooKoala Foo 1,316 posts

I know, I’ve got it reading it back πŸ˜‚

You know the sad thing was we had a row of empty seats in front of us, VIP ones. Fans could have been sat in them. Someone said it was due to capacity, not sure if that is true as they could have blocked off those stage side view ones instead.

I think it’s a case of just keep at it, I got mine about an hour and an half into the sale. Buy anything and then try to get better ones, you know you’ll be able to sell them. Although it seems fest tickets are harder to resell, a lot of people can’t seem to sell their Boston, Sonic ones.

• GeoGeo 3,409 posts

I will point out- the one time I was guest listed for Club Rami, I was given both a GA and a seated ticket.

I used to assume empty seats were for guests that couldn’t be bothered to show. Now I just hope they’re down in General.

Yeah same! I had a seat but then ended up standing so we could go back and forth to use the nice toilets / top our beers up etc πŸ˜‚

• I'm now starting to panic that the sale for UK tour will take place whilst in Germany watching them at Rock AM Ring. I think I will cry if tickets go on sale whilst I'm travelling.

Nah I don’t think they will - I think it’ll be announced after the festival.

• hope so

• it was strange seeing how small the crowd was last night. I know it was only about 8,000 and the rest of the US non festival shows will be like that for whats booked so far but I cannot put that into perspective of seeing them in a venue of such size in the UK again.

I'm seeing Queens of the Stone Age at Halifax Pierce Hall this year and that venue is very similar in size but it would be crazy to even think of the Foos playing somewhere like that.

The CIA in Cardiff is a similar size, it was always pretty much the smallest arena on the tours. It's a crappy arena really, but even at the back the view was really decent. I'd be more than happy if they go back there.

• its just the tickets situation which makes me uncomfortable.

If they did indoor arenas than London's O2 and Manchester AO Arena are likely. Leeds First Direct is a class venue but never did I expect to see Foos play somewhere like that. its the "access to forthcoming and soon-to-be-announced" wording which gets me. For me forthcoming implies soon, if the shows were next it wouldn't use that wording surely. and if its this year then they really are running out of time for outdoor dates to be announced.

Oh it's going to be an absolute shambles. The pre-sale codes won't be unique, they'll leak, and a few million people will be fighting to the death for at most, 500,000 tickets.

But I agree. If it's this year, it's either arenas or the O2 for a residency. Otherwise they won't be until next summer.

It will be a shambles and frustrating but at least we are prepared for that these days.

Seems a bit early for next year but then the UK promo ties in with the album release.

• perhaps September. I know circumstances were very different but the Taylor Tribute show in London was in Sept with sales not until July I believe. My point is that September is reasonably far enough away to put 1 or 2 outdoor dates in the UK. The trouble then is the football season will have started so its national stadiums, non football or parks. time is very much ticking also. However, it will sell out in minutes so they could put them on sale the day before and it wouldnt be an issue 🀣

I'm hoping for 1 or 2 outdoor shows in late Aug / Sept followed by a full European tour summer 2024. Not asking for much am I πŸ˜€

Err nope!

Personally I’d like it to be next year, not sure if I can wrangle another trip back to the UK in Nov, if it is I hope they come to Oz over our summer πŸ™πŸ»

Really hoping they get signed up for Nimes again next time. Europe needs a proper tour as they’ve not had one since 18, 19 were fests.

• I know. I had Switzerland booked for 2022 before it was cancelled and doing Rock AM Ring next week but love a little hop over the pond to see the Foos in the sun :)

If they announce a Circus Maximus date then I don't care what I've got going on, it's all getting ditched for that πŸ˜‚

I just had a look, wonder where they will take you on a 9 hour round trip, in the SE? Trouble is this time of year the sunrise is too early πŸ˜‚

Love the part where it says artist won’t be there, damn!

• lharris92lharris92 1,731 posts

won't be that long I'm sure, just more to ensure you're there for wherever. good luck for them trying to get you into London during rush hour - the sun will be coming up around 5ish or something anyway

Yeah it’ll probably take 2 hours to get home in Friday rush hour traffic on a coach πŸ˜‚

• SkezzSkezz 7,407 posts

It could be Milton Keynes bowl again this year.

Lol hope not!

although I did just find a whole bunch of rubber throne key rings from the last time (2015 was it?) - not sure where I got them / why I have multiple πŸ˜‚

I think a few people ended up with loads! Someone sent me one because I couldn't make the rearranged date

Perhaps. Well if anyone wants one I’ve got a couple spare πŸ˜‚

• LRM2742LRM2742 11 posts

This waiting for a tour announcement with the prospect of anxiously panicking over getting tickets and sorting accommodation is driving me nuts!!!