Taylor Hawkins Taylor Hawkins • 1972 - 2022 Visit Memorial

Welcome to the unofficial Foo Fighters Discussion Forums!

Join in discussions with other Foo fans around the world.
Please Sign In or Register to get involved.

new Foo Fighters album- ‘But Here We Are’

Comments

• BetoBeto 1,228 posts

I'm so hyped for this release, I even decided to get the CD (MaM was the first FF release I haven't bought, and haven't bought CD's in over 4 years!). So I'm taking advantage of this excitement and I'm preordering FF, Ben Folds and QOTSA!

Also... I haven't listened for anything other than "Rescued"... I'm totally saving up myself.

Sidenote: I don't even have a stereo, my cd stereo is broken, need to get it fixed stat!

• BexsterBexster 1,085 posts

Can't wait for tomorrow! Won't be able to listen until I get home from work, but release day is pretty much here!

Has anyone had theirs early and listened?

• lharris92lharris92 1,734 posts

Know of someone who received early... other than that all quiet on the front.

• BigColBigCol 976 posts

Mine was despatched a few days ago but hasn’t turned up yet…. therefore I’ll likely be listening in Apple Music from tomorrow morning. Given what I’ve heard so far, and the reviews, I have high hopes for this album - not seen since 2011.

Got my vinyl dispatch notice from the store this morning, but I'm planning to go into town Friday lunchtime and pick up the CD from the local record shop here. At least then I know I've got it.

• Maybe i’m wrong but I haven’t heard otherwise - I am very impressed that there were no leaks this time around. For such a highly anticipated release, that they were able to keep a lid on it to this point is remarkable.

That's true. I've already seen a QOTSA leak that I've avoided, but this album is really well protected.

• BigColBigCol 976 posts

Agreed on leaks - I remember being given a bootleg of WL over a month before it came out (but that was when I worked with a guy who somehow came by this stuff).

I never go looking for them these days, the teasers the band give us are enough. We have heard half of the new tracks already!

• IamBecIamBec 4,014 posts

I’ve had multiple dispatch notices this week but nothing turned up just yet!

Excited for tomorrow. Can’t wait to listen in full

• My CD arrived in the post today, one day before the release date. Have listened to it all the way through and it is pretty cool.

• trevgregtrevgreg 54 posts

Yeah, I tend to hold off on even most of the pre-release songs nowadays too, for bands I like. I enjoy having something to look forward to on release day!

Very cool!

• O.B.geneO.B.gene 4,238 posts

I've not checked Audiogalaxy or Limewire for any leak yet admittedly

• It’s already out in several regions so any ‘leak’ would be more like a standard rip

available now in the UK!!!

• Koala FooKoala Foo 1,316 posts

I got it on Spotty early! It’s confused and still thinks I’m in Oz and went live earlier.

We played it in the car so was nice to hear the unreleased tracks but we need to sit down with headphones and really listen to it properly.

It’s on heck of an amazing album!!

Still no sign of CD ordered from Sony promo..

• GeoGeo 3,410 posts

I stayed up for the midnight drop and listened with my audiophile headphones.

I thought I’d fall asleep listening but I barely slept at all and now I’m at work struggling 😅

• FFPheebsFFPheebs 35 posts

Oof, what an album. Heavy, and not in the usual sense, but so great. Heard a lot of the early stuff in it, and i loved that. I think the glass emotionally eviscerated me, however. Cathartic would be my overall evaluation. They put it all in the right place

I need to process and listen again and again. Incredibly dark and powerful. I listened to it at midnight from start to finish….after being up almost 24hrs I was very tired so I couldn’t take it all in. To me, though, the feeling of death is immense throughout this. Will listen again over breakfast!!

I'm in two minds whether to listen to it this moring in work, where I probably won't get to listen to it all in one go, or wait til tonight, but will have to wait all day before I can hear it.

• Koala FooKoala Foo 1,316 posts

Having lost my Mum and a close friend within just over a year of each other, you tend to think of death a lot more. At the moment it feels everywhere, everyone I know has lost someone or has someone ill. It’s weird times…. It brings it home that you have to seize the day, live in the moment, buy the damned concert tickets. Nothing is the same again, alters your mindset to a degree so I’m pretty sure Dave and the guys will be feeling it as well.

Also we don’t know when the lyrics were written, might have been at the time when it was all still very raw. Maybe some were written after T but before they knew they’d lose Virginia as well and then it’s all going through the loss all over again so soon. 😞

• IamBecIamBec 4,014 posts

I am loving it and also feeling incredibly emotional / sad. Midway through second listen atm

I caved, and I'm listening now.

• SkezzSkezz 7,409 posts

I fell asleep listening to it last night. So won't listen again until tonight once kids are asleep as I really want to give it the attention I think it deserves.

• SophieSophie 2,785 posts

Lyrically this is the best thing I’ve heard them put out in years. I didn’t like the last album, it felt a bit cheddar to me. This one has the emotion I think I missed

• BigColBigCol 976 posts

I’ve listened to it through 4 times now, with lyrics too, and think this album is a masterpiece, a true triumph out of adversity and sadness.

It’s definitely heavy lyrically as expected and many times had me thinking of losing my Dad - 5 years ago this coming week and it still hits incredibly hard. Hearing voices and the Glass really resonate with me and “Rest” can’t fail but bring a few tears…. I’d love to see this album played through live start to finish and really hope a lot of this stuff ends up in the forthcoming tour setlists as they deserve to be heard.

There's definitely an emotional resonance with it, I recognise a lot of those lyrics in the stuff I've been going through so can't help feel hit by it. Rest in particular felt like a wrench, and I feel like I've been through the ringer by the end of the album. But I love it. It doesn't feel over worked, or forced into some false sentiment, it just feels really real to me.

Yeah, a lot of the previous stuff felt like he was creating it to order for someone else, not because he ever really believed in it so much. This is so obviously different.

• Hi together, I'm new to this forum, from Germany, FF Fan since 2000 wenn I spend some time in the US.

As much as I muss T and the reason behind the genesis of this album, I still live the outcome. For me it is kind of back to roots. Unlike the more pop based medicin at midnight.

Whatever the critics may say, to me this is much more than a statement trat the foos are still there, it proves that they can still deliver.

• AndyAndy 67 posts

The title track is monstrous.. the bit where it goes quiet after the break down and Dave screams to being the band back in just when you don't expect it is sublime.

I can't stop listening to this album

• StuFighterStuFighter 3,680 posts
    edited June 2023

This album is really growing on me. The Teacher is amazing

I'm not allowing myself to feel it though. Not yet. I think I'm a bit numb to grief