Taylor Hawkins Taylor Hawkins • 1972 - 2022 Visit Memorial

Welcome to the unofficial Foo Fighters Discussion Forums!

Join in discussions with other Foo fans around the world.
Please Sign In or Register to get involved.

Future of Foo Fighters

123457»

Comments

• BigColBigCol 976 posts

No surprises on Freese or that Dave drummed on the album.

• indianafooindianafoo 28 posts

What a show last Sunday, I am pleased that they name Josh as their new drummer. The band was in good spirits when they played, Nate even talked!! I wonder if Josh will be a touring drummer or if he will also drum on future albums.

• lilmanjslilmanjs 443 posts

At this point, I doubt Dave would hire him only as a touring drummer. He's made it clear over the years he hates how things went with William.

• Koala FooKoala Foo 1,316 posts

From friends reports from last night it seems we may not have had a “Future of Foo Fighters”

“For years, I would say, ‘We’ll come back if you come back. Will you come back? I don’t like saying that anymore…because there was a time where we thought, maybe we wouldn’t. But you guys are a big reason why we’re still here tonight, so we have to thank you, and thank our whole big extended family of friends and crew and everyone.” 

I wonder at what point they decided to continue? I hope the love we gave them, especially at Wembley, helped make that decision.

Last night was different again, looks like Violet had gone home, so just the guys on stage. My friend said Dave wanted to see the people a lot, seemed to really need the crowd.

Also seems little by little he’s giving out tidbits of info, almost like he’s doing the press interviews within the intros of the songs.

So a big “thank you” to the guys for carrying on! ❤️

• Foo3001Foo3001 283 posts

I really want to see them live. From the clips online I get the feeling that the band sounds really good, but IMO the vibe is really weird. Way weirder than I would have thought (and I anticipated REALLY weird) - I get the vibe that as now it's back to being mostly DG's show it takes a while to get used to. T had a massive impact on the whole vibe as a band, it's really weird to have them back with a freelance-ish member.

But, as internet clips are internet clips, I wanna see it live for myself. Maybe next year then.

So far I've really really liked the songs off the upcoming album. Show Me How could well be one of my favourite FF songs ever. Easily in my personal top 10.

• BethMIBethMI 255 posts

This is also the vibe I am getting. Like the shows are almost therapy sessions. Which, honestly really tracks for Dave.

I think the band is still finding their feet and I don’t think it’s back to being especially fun yet. I think they really want to be there and want to want to be there, but they may just be kind of having to power through it for now.

• Koala FooKoala Foo 1,316 posts

Dave also said before Walk that we’ll all figure this out together.

I think he appreciates is just as weird for the fans as it is for them.

It’s never going to be how it was, it can’t be so everyone is trying to find that new normal. It will be interesting to see how things are in 6 weeks when I get to see them. It’s going to be evolving for a while.

• SophieSophie 2,782 posts

Yeah it’s a big learning curve for everyone. I think there was so much love for T, we all need time