Taylor Hawkins Taylor Hawkins • 1972 - 2022 Visit Memorial

Welcome to the unofficial Foo Fighters Discussion Forums!

Join in discussions with other Foo fans around the world.
Please Sign In or Register to get involved.

Foo Fighters tour cancelled

Comments

• O.B.geneO.B.gene 4,235 posts

You might be right. Could be a tv recording planned, or literally a day off. The bars around London will be the place to be that Friday night if you’re a Foo fan that’s for sure 👍

• I'll be watching Guns n Roses at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on the Friday night but be heading to the new Crobar after if it has hopefully is opened by them. Gonna be awesome timing for me since I will be down from Scotland anyway. Fingers crossed. 🤞

• Koala FooKoala Foo 1,300 posts

Well hopefully once the vaccine shipments arrive then we can speed up! Although the latest outbreaks and lockdowns are a pain, it does seem to have shaken Aus awake that you need to get vaccinated. I half wonder if it's all part of the strategy, let it go a bit in Sydney... get people used to the idea 0 is no longer possible, longer lockdowns so everyone gets (even) more fed up and then will get the vaccine. I just hope that (ha ha) they stick to their spiel and if vaccinated no more lockdowns, if not they'll be rioting and I might lead it!

• Heard immunity is a total myth, because vaccines don't stop infection, they reduce the chance of it and protect the vaccinated from death. It's right there in the word immunity - there is NONE.

So anyone unvaccinated WILL eventually run into someone with the virus over the next few days, weeks, years. And IF they were going to get really sick, or die, in Feb 2020 they still will get the exact same result whenever they finally catch it.

Virus doesn't care, doesn't do politics, doesn't negotiate and doesn't get impatient.

Zero was always possible for Sydney - but weak politicians make strong fuckwits. Letting businesses decide what was an essential service is what screwed Australia this round. Being open is essential to every business... so no surprise when almost everything was still open people went out and bought Covid.

It's at times like these it pays to remember fractionally less than half the population has a less than average IQ.

• GeoGeo 3,401 posts

People will still catch it, just like people still catch the flu. Some people may still, unfortunately die from it but it won't overwhelm our ICUs/hospitals.

The flu we have now is descended from the 1918 pandemic, and covid will probably become something similar ie we'll learn to exist, routinely vaccinate and hopefully it mutates into something more mild. Without 70-80%+ vaccination rates, it won't get to the 'mild' point.

• Not sure where they could play in Birmingham, St Andrews is a complete mess and I haven't seen Villa Park hosting gigs recently

• Yep all very correct - it will morph over time to something that we can all live with - probably even without vaccines. It's not at all in the virus's interest to be killing its hosts - it really wants them alive and just slightly under the weather but in the face of the next fresh host so it can move on and survive.

Sadly that will likely be years away, but yeah there will certainly be a more mild point much sooner than that once there is high vaccination - where the per day hospitalisations and deaths are way lower and don't freak people out in the news (like where the UK now seems to have settled).

That will not change the fact that those low rate of deaths will burn on for months and even years - where it gradually goes through anyone not vaccinated. It also won't bring back the thousands that died needlessly in so many countries getting there while they opened up and closed down over and over waiting for vaccines to arrive and then get into arms.

Last community case here - 28th January. Almost six months of no cases and no restrictions at all for 5.12 million people.

The oh you're a small island miles from anywhere argument is just utter BS. Planes land here just the same as anywhere. Last time I looked the UK was a small group of islands, even more capable of doing absolutely everything we've done. But they (and so many others) just let the planes full of Covid keep coming. Size of cities is also pretty much a fallacy as Auckland has 1.7 million, so while London (for example) might be 9 million - a real lockdown that is timed right (fast) and obeyed, will have very much the same result.

Deaths in the UK to date 131,000 - likely real total wayyy over 180K (they will never know now) from 68 million.

Deaths in NZ to date... 26

And 4 of those were people that flew in to die in quarantine.

68/5 (country size) x 26...

354 people dead in UK by country size.

Double it, treble it, multiply it by ten. It's worse than sad.

We paid for it in NZ with savage, crippling lockdowns that took away all human tights and killed the economy... oh wait...

https://covid19.govt.nz/alert-levels-and-updates/history-of-the-covid-19-alert-system/

It will probably work out to under 33% of the total UK lockdown time (I haven't fully matched it up to the UK dates).

335/5 x26 = 1742 Dead

No need to say what country that could have been. John Hopkins currently says 621K deaths - so a mere 357 times worse than that - or if you prefer 35700% more dead.

• Typical... I finish typing that and they announce a community case in NZ.

UK dates confirmed.

• While “return to the UK” is factually correct. It seems a little troll-ish only having English dates. Hopefully this is just because dates elsewhere can’t be announced yet.

• SophieSophie 2,740 posts

yeah definitely! If I were a Scot i’d be raging! 🤣

• Could anyone be so kind as to PM me the presale link for the U.K. dates please?

I changed my email away from Hotmail last week and it’s screwed me over, and fear it’s ruined my chances.

Thanks so much!

Ben

• I mean, Manchester is only 3-3.5 hours away from Glasgow/Edinburgh on the train! That would get me about halfway from Chicago to the next nearest show on a lot of tours. 🤣

Moving to America and the distance between places makes me realise quite how spoilt we get/got in the UK with number of shows by bands!

• skiffyskiffy 16 posts

Manchester 25th

Birmingham 27th

final day of Glasto 26th.

• BexsterBexster 1,085 posts

I live in hope that one day they'll come back to Wales. One day...

• And if I was Irish it would be a full on Concrete & Shit! meme assault with all brown rainbows leading to a pot of poo.

• LeanneLeanne 790 posts

How do I get the presale link?? I remember the days when we got presale for being members of the foo board. 😩

edited August 2021

It's within the latest Foo Fighters email today. And I also posted it earlier.

• LeanneLeanne 790 posts

Bugger, I don't have it. I must be subscribed with an old email address. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Ok, I'll try my luck on Friday.

• lharris92lharris92 1,729 posts

ignoring Nimes (2 nights in a row for next June), they've not announced any back to back dates at all recently. think those days are gone.

• I'm a Scot but I'm delighted with these dates as I'm already in London seeing Guns n Roses on the 1st July. 😁

• Might just be leaving space for other dates when these sell out, but yeah back to backs are probably on the way out.

• SophieSophie 2,740 posts

gotta love it when a plan comes together 🤣

• Maybe it might have more to do with a one off desire for this round to go as many places once as soon as possible to make up for lost time?

• Remember the interview with Lars on his Apple Radio show a few years ago & Lars saying Metallica had a rule when it came to live shows that they only did “singles” & he was amazed Foo Fighters did back-to-back shows and occasionally 3 in a rows?

2.5hrs a night takes its toll.

Yea, most of them aren’t in their 40s anymore ☺️

• We are going to make the trip for the London gigs.

Got a room at Holiday Inn Express by stadium. (Going fast btw) It looks solid enough.

Anybody stay there before? How is the walk ? What’s around there for food,drink and shopping?

Any info would be appreciated. Thx

We usually stay closer to Hyde park but I figured late night after the show central line to Mayfair area may be a shit show.

Thinking some Ireland and Scotland dates announcement coming soon.

good luck purchasing tickets today peeps!!!