Taylor Hawkins Taylor Hawkins • 1972 - 2022 Visit Memorial

Welcome to the unofficial Foo Fighters Discussion Forums!

Join in discussions with other Foo fans around the world.
Please Sign In or Register to get involved.

Medicine at Midnight

Comments

• FooZealandFooZealand 457 posts
    edited January 2021

I agree - though I'd probably find "Taylor sings the Beverly Hills phone book" pretty exciting after the year we've just had...

• IamBecIamBec 4,014 posts

Ha ha ha

all jokes aside... I’d take that as a b-side or bonus record or something 👌🏻

• I stupidly left it til payday to get the purple vinyl and now sold out, also after the Target vinyl, if anyone has spares I've got extra Amazon orange vinyl (or cash). Cheers

• If you're completely covering your ears and going LALALALALA over any potential spoilers, skip this link for the next day or so. Otherwise, the FooFightersLive.com review of MaM is up: https://www.foofighterslive.com/news/review-foo-fighters-medicine-at-midnight/

• O.B.geneO.B.gene 4,238 posts

They've played new tracks live on the Sirius Foo Fighters Radio. Would love to watch them somehow.

• wolwol 2,851 posts

The JB AUS exclusive orange vinyl has been placed on back order with no ETA

• BexsterBexster 1,085 posts

I saw that. That really gutting.

• My JB order was placed on back order too.

You can get the Orange vinyl here also:

Dutch store.

• My orange vinyl was also put to back order (from JB-Hifi). Hopefully my purple vinyl comes tomorrow from UK (it was sent on Monday and according to them delivery to Europe is 3-8 days) but I guess not... :( I have like 5-6 packages coming from Aus, US and UK, lol. Regarding the album, can't wait to put it on my turntable or to my cars CD-player! Top song for me so far is "Love Dies Young", what a f**king masterpiece!

*Sorry for cursing but excitement, you know* 😅

I think I'll have to say to my band that we'll take it to our cover playlist 😁

• lharris92lharris92 1,731 posts

because importing stuff from Europe is a pain in the neck currently. Besides, I got the orange vinyls elsewhere being delivered to me tomorrow.

i've got myself a bottle of wine for tonight, chill out and relax in time for new Foo tonight.

best time ever, the evening before a new Foo Fighters album

• IamBecIamBec 4,014 posts

I’m just waiting for the brixton gig on radio x!

• lharris92lharris92 1,731 posts

merry release day!

• SkezzSkezz 7,394 posts

"Another splinter under the skin" in shame is the lyric but honestly all I hear is "I know there's glitter under the skin."

On my first listen through...

• SkezzSkezz 7,394 posts

Medicine At Midnight (song) is a major Bowie vibe.

edited February 2021

a lot of Making and Waiting......Holding and Chasing............

this album is KILLER!!! 😆🤘

oh man...fucking year waiting for this baby!!! worth it xxxx

• SkezzSkezz 7,394 posts

First listen and I liked it but not sure how much yet. It is different and yet still so quintessential Foo Fighters.

• BethMIBethMI 255 posts

I just made a similar post on reddit, but I loved this album right away which happened with Wasting Light and Saint Cecilia, but not with Sonic Highways or Concrete and Gold. And thinking about it, I think those two albums are missing the obvious “fun” factor, which I think this album definitely has.

I really love Making a Fire, Cloudspotter and Live Dies young, but there isn’t a song on it I don’t like and it makes a really cohesive package, while ACTUALLY trying some new things. It also sounds like all 6 members of the band were given moments to shine. I’m a big fan.

• I really like omar hakims contributions on the album, he is the spice this album needed to make it stand out from their previous records.

Favourite song after first listen is for shure the title track. Is that shiflett playing lead?

Not to stoked about the songs they released earlier, but the album has enough good tracks to keep me excited.

• Cloudspotter is an instant classic!

• A solid album,

Am I the only one getting major KISS vibes from a lot of this? Especially the choruses?

There’s a lot of 70s rock in the riffs,

Holding Poison guitar solo is like an homage to Ace Frehley..

Fun album, probably not gonna be my favourite FF album ever but still one of the better ones in a long while!

• BetoBeto 1,228 posts

yay we can now discuss. here’s my mindvomit all ober the place:

Chasing Birds is the best song and the route FF should take, I’m 38, I want to sit down ala Skin and Bones tour from now on.

I LOVE IT and its the best . If your opinion contradicts mine I’m very sorry your’re wrong.

2nd and 3rd single selection were awful and are the worst songs on the record imho.

Making a fire, great opener, dense slick dry drums (i have no clue what im saying, not a musically trained guy) grab you, then the nanana’s slap your face and the song takes you out to dance. Chorus is greeeeeaaaat! Really into it.

Cloudspotter is fun, that “swiiiing swiiiing guillotine queen” wont leave my mind. The percussions are playful, and the low voice echoing “spotter” is funny/retro/cool.

Medicine at midnight, awesome! Feels like a voice profile I cant remember ever listening before (not the chorus tho), again playful percussions make it fun. Has a retro vibe, I can imagine a mocky 80’s video with this. Breakdown is beautiful with Chris(?) soloing and Rami stepping up a bit.

Holding Poison another funkster, love it. Love the build up (spinning around around around) to the chorus, chorus starts ok, nothing new, but the “you know what I want, get what i get” kinda breaks it into a fun “sub”chorus IDK. The last two minutes are awesome, feels like one of their live breakdowns. Awesome.

Love Dies young is great, starts fast, and jumpy, all’s good but that goddamn second higher “youuuu-ooooooouooo-OOOOOOOOOOO-OOOOOOONG” sounds sooooo fucking generic and lazy, makes me squirm. As much as I haye them, give me a Killers vibe.

Damn, I thought I liked it a little less until I started vomiting all that.

• As said before they copied themselves in the ending of Waiting on a War,

ALSO in the ending of Love Dies Young, its got exactly the same musical idea as the ending of These Days. (The bass octave thing etc..)

• Fantastic album. Couldn't wait for my Cd to arrive, so I just torrented what I assume is the leak in FLAC. Love the title track, but then again I was always a huge fan of the Thin White Duke era of David Bowie and it heavily reminds me of it. Not a bad song on this, even if Waiting on a War is the weakest on the album. I was just waiting for that Sky Is The Neighborhood awful track on this, and didn't happen! Holding Poison, Chasing Birds and Medicine At Midnight are the top 3 for me.